Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my Versys-x 300 in Roseville tomorrow morning! Pretty excited, got a buddy in AZ just got one, so thought I'd play "me too"! Can't have enough bikes.

If anyone could help me get the stuff I need to install the centerstand, I'd really appreciate it. The link to Competition Accessories:

Lists a "Stand-Center" @ $340 and "Kit-Accessory, Centerstand" @ $300.

Is it really over $600 to add a centerstand to this bike?? Or do I just order the "kit" @ $300?

TIA! I plan on adding in a 12v socket ASAP, will order the relay with the centerstand and will be looking for brush busters too. Still deciding on extra lights and engine guards; it's only a 300 after all, don't want to add 75lbs to it. I have a Shad-37 topcase so ordered an extra plate so I can move it between the 'Guzzi and the Versys, and the KLX. I am blessed!

RxLaMont

·
Registered
2020 Versys X300 ABS
18 Posts
If you look at the micro-fiche picture, the last part #99994 circles the entire center-stand and it's various bits and pieces, that should be all you would need to order. Not entirely sure why a replacement center-stand costs more than the whole bundle, but perhaps it's just this site. Might want to double check kawasakipartshouse.com, kawasaki.com, and partzilla.com to compare prices.

On the other hand, you don't need to go OEM. I have the T-Rex aftermarket center stand on mine and its rock solid, adjustable and half the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you look at the micro-fiche picture, the last part #99994 circles the entire center-stand and it's various bits and pieces, that should be all you would need to order. Not entirely sure why a replacement center-stand costs more than the whole bundle, but perhaps it's just this site. Might want to double check kawasakipartshouse.com, kawasaki.com, and partzilla.com to compare prices.

On the other hand, you don't need to go OEM. I have the T-Rex aftermarket center stand on mine and its rock solid, adjustable and half the price.

Appreciate the response! One reason to go OEM: that's what my friend insists on; so I went OEM as well (I got a 15% discount on purchase day and they let me get 2 of them, so one is for my friend) so I can have the install figured out when I get down to where he lives in AZ.

Any thoughts on engine guards? I'm looking at the Hepco and Becker. With those I think the Denali light mount will work.
LaMont

·
Registered
2020 Versys X300 ABS
18 Posts
Appreciate the response! One reason to go OEM: that's what my friend insists on; so I went OEM as well (I got a 15% discount on purchase day and they let me get 2 of them, so one is for my friend) so I can have the install figured out when I get down to where he lives in AZ.

Any thoughts on engine guards? I'm looking at the Hepco and Becker. With those I think the Denali light mount will work.
LaMont
I'll plug T-Rex protection all day long 😁 They have heavy duty and well tested stuff, plus their quality control is on-point and manufactured in the USA. The Denali lights will definitely mount to the front bar across the front. Givi has a lot of good clout, too, and seem to be popular. However, if you're insistent on going OEM as much as possible, Kawasaki makes crashbars, as well, that the Denalis would mount to.

Looking at the Hepco & Becker bars, they don't seem like they offer as much protection compared to even the OEM bars, nor do they have a front bar for the Denali lights. These are what I was looking at, maybe there is a different version somewhere not listed on their site? EDIT: I also don't know what kind of riding you're getting into, so maybe the H&B bars are enough for how rough you get.

Here are the others for convenience to compare: OEM, T-Rex, Givi

SW Motech and R&G make crashbars, but like the H&B bars there is nothing that wraps around the front of the bike that allow you to mount the Denalis in the best location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts