Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Proud owner of a 2019 650 Lt recently picked up. Extremely fun bike. Back history, got tired of my Harley and some years back had a Triumph Tiger which I enjoyed so did research and found the Versys to be my choice. I've been swinging a leg over bikes since 1970. Kawasaki has roots in my history. First bike was a little Yamaha 90 enduro then followed by a 72 Kawasaki 500 triple, quite a jump. Soon to change to the Z1 900. Was a proud short lived owner of the rare 76 KZ900 LTD before it was stolen and never recovered. Have hot rodded a few 500 triples and 900's in the younger days but that's behind me now just enjoying the Versys which doesn't disappoint. A safe and happy riding to all.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have one of those I wonder questions, may have been asked maybe not. I watched a lot of youtube vids on all subject on different bike to come to get the Versys. What I seemed to notice is it seems more people from India followed by the Uk and lastly the US are the rank of owners. Any truth to that and reasoning? I know as I was watching for them when looking to buy they didn't seem to stick around here for very long. The stealerships were really trying to rip ya off. I bought from an individual, a really nice guy.....Indian nationality. Straight up and by the book, I can appreciate that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks guys. I have one of those I wonder questions, may have been asked maybe not. I watched a lot of youtube vids on all subject on different bike to come to get the Versys. What I seemed to notice is it seems more people from India followed by the Uk and lastly the US are the rank of owners. Any truth to that and reasoning? I know as I was watching for them when looking to buy they didn't seem to stick around here for very long. The stealerships were really trying to rip ya off. I bought from an individual, a really nice guy.....Indian nationality. Straight up and by the book, I can appreciate that.
Just another observation, It's somewhat rare to see other Versys, at least in my neck of the woods. Kind of exciting when I do spot one! Sort of meshes with your observation??? Welcome aboard and safe travels.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd forgot about that. Like when you buy a car and all the sudden you seem to notice more of them on the road. I live in a very small town out in the country, all bikes are big cruisers, mostly Harley. When I go to "the city" I still see cruisers, I have always paid attention to bikes. I do hope to spot one and maybe have a chance to talk to the rider.

·
Registered
2019 Versys 650LT
27 Posts
I’ve got the same bike and share your enjoyment.

In another life I purchased a brand new 1979 Kawasaki SR650. Loved the smoothness of in-line four. Owned it for over 20 years before a distress sale to pay the bills.

After a 20 year gap in bike ownership, I progressed over the last 10 years through a sequence of bikes to my present V650 ride - 2001 Kawa W650, 2011 Vulcan 900, and a 2007 Honda ST1300.

·
Premium Member
16,349 Posts
Welcome from a North Texas boy stuck out in Southern California. I sure could go for a Chicken Fried Steak right now...:):)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts