Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just joined today because I am considering a Versys right now. I haven't purchased one, and I'm not in a hurry. This would be my first bike purchase, and a gently-used one seems like a pretty good starter. I've got a 34" inseam, weigh 240lbs, and had a blast in MST recently.

Looking forward to learning more.

Maple Road

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Given your size a Versys would be a good choice. With this bike you will also need a cheap pit stand and spools in the rear swing arm (8mm for 15+ bikes, 10mm for earlier bikes) as there is no center stand.

Adjusting the suspension for your weight will help a lot, it is preload and damping adjustable.

You can download the service manual from the Tech section of this site.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You are starting your motorcycle riding journey on the right foot by taking a safety course first. You can't go wrong with a nice used Versys. You will probably want to add the foot peg lowering blocks as well, given your inseam.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a one time resident - many years ago - of the somewhat unfortunately-named city of Vacaville. Graduated from Vacaville Union High School shortly after the dinosaurs vanished from the earth. :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts