Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellooooo, everyone.

Just picked up a new 2017 Versys X on Friday, and can't wait to get some serious riding done. I had seen it parked in the dealer's accessories department for a couple years and just marveled at it. I noticed online that it hadn't sold yet and was pretty significantly price-reduced, so I jumped at it. Currently going through the obligatory motions of adding stuff to it, and just trying to burn up the 600-mile break-in so that I can finally stretch its legs. I'd post pictures, but surely you all know what this thing looks like by now. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone!
@fasteddiecopeman, I've been hemming an hawing with that very application since Day One with this bike. At this rate, I won't be out the break-in until *maybe* late March, once I get my heated grips on.

So no adverse effects for you?

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
...So no adverse effects for you?
Absolutely NONE! My break-ins took around 50 miles, then I changed the oil & filter, rode another 500 and re-did the oil & filter, rode to 1,000, did the oil & filter - changing to synthetic Mobil1 15w-50.

My '08 is at 82,4xx miles, the '09 was replaced (insurance write-off!) at 62,790 kms, while the '15 is at 63,914 kms. NONE burn oil, and all are giving GREAT gas mileage!

:yeahsmile: - :thumb: - :yeahsmile: - :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Thanks, everyone!

@fasteddiecopeman, I've been hemming an hawing with that very application since Day One with this bike. At this rate, I won't be out the break-in until *maybe* late March, once I get my heated grips on.

So no adverse effects for you?
No - and among THREE V650s, all broken in that way - I've ridden OVER 165,000 miles, w/ NO problems, no oil use - NUTHIN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts