Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a pristine 2008 red Versys two weeks ago. Had a Wee Strom (too top heavy, long and ugly). Still have a "motard touring" DR650 Suzuki and KTM 200-EXC. Always looking for fun riding partners. I participate in an annual summer 2K to 3K (in a week) ride with a small, very loosely organized group of "tourists", ages 17 to 60, mixed group of bikes and riders. A nice couple saw us on a ferry boat and asked us if we were "Wild Hogs" and said "I've seen this movie." Our reply was "it's more like Dogs" and the name stuck ("Wild Dogs...sort of"). No colors but we do have laser cut logos (optional), on our bike luggage and helmets. Been riding 43 years, raced MX 10 years. I may have been fast but I got over that. It's all about fun, wide open spaces and interesting places. Of course, personalizing the bike is paramount. The only basic thing the Versys doesn't come with is an accurate speedo and a comfortable seat but then what sporty motorcycle does? Both fixable. Looking forward to hearing from, meeting and riding with others from this forum. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Bought a pristine 2008 red Versys two weeks ago. Had a Wee Strom (too top heavy, long and ugly). Still have a "motard touring" DR650 Suzuki and KTM 200-EXC. Always looking for fun riding partners. I participate in an annual summer 2K to 3K (in a week) ride with a small, very loosely organized group of "tourists", ages 17 to 60, mixed group of bikes and riders. A nice couple saw us on a ferry boat and asked us if we were "Wild Hogs" and said "I've seen this movie." Our reply was "it's more like Dogs" and the name stuck ("Wild Dogs...sort of"). No colors but we do have laser cut logos (optional), on our bike luggage and helmets. Been riding 43 years, raced MX 10 years. I may have been fast but I got over that. It's all about fun, wide open spaces and interesting places. Of course, personalizing the bike is paramount. The only basic thing the Versys doesn't come with is an accurate speedo and a comfortable seat but then what sporty motorcycle does? Both fixable. Looking forward to hearing from, meeting and riding with others from this forum. Cheers!
:welcome: Sounds like you should get the 43 tooth sprocket, it will fix your speedometer accuracy and make highway cruising more enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
Hi Aleeoop and:welcome:

Good write up and Wild Hogs or Dogs dont make much difference as long as you enjoy your stay/ride in this blue bubble.

Have a safe ride.
:cheers:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome brother oop...Dand you got one of those "fast" red ones....But you can't beat my blue for lookin good cred :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
The true V purist ride only the red rocket. Welcome to the tribe. Send me a PM and we can get together for a scoot.

Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
A bit to the south east of you (Renton). Similar riding history, and as I did my last trackdays last year, I think our philosophies are rather similar. However, I do about 95% of my riding alone. Something about being a psychologist and wanting to get away from people when I ride. However, maybe a few of us need to meet up at the Sultan Cafe for a bit of lunch (it is awesome!!!!). Or, the pizza restaurant in Granite Falls (also awesome).

Later, Steve

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have yet to still meet all the V owners in this area. Every so often I'll run across another that I haven't seen before, for instance, enroute to Evergreen Hospital last afternoon a Blue V with top and side Alu-box luggage powdercoated blue turned opposite of me, don't know who that was, but hi. Great to see the V gaining ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts