Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from beautiful British Columbia Canada!

I am new to riding this year and am planning on purchasing a new Versys 300 abs as my first bike! Mainly for commuting and kicks of corse! Reasons are many as to why I am choosing this bike. Firstly my size, 6 ft 2, 180 lbs, it fits very well and is comfortable. Secondly, fuel economy, Third is the price but here is where I need guidance from experienced folks.

My dealer has NOS 2018 bikes available, for $5299.00 ($6499 map) plus $695 in fees. Is this reasonable? Can I negotiate the price still? Is being almost 3 years old hurt the value considerably when/if I decide to upgrade in the future?

I just need some guidance here on what I should do to not kill my wallet and make the proper purchase.

Look forward to hearing from you folks!
~infinity99:)

·
Super Moderator
20,212 Posts
First - how much is a NEW current year V300 ABS in BC?

And - WHERE - in BC?

·
Super Moderator
20,212 Posts
IMHO - you SHOULD be able to do BETTER!

Why not offer them $5300 out-the-door?

I paid $7500US + tax for my '08 (Sept '08), then bought a NEW left-over '09 for $4856US OTD in Nov '10. When it was an "insurance-write-off" in July '15 I received $5100CDN as I remember, and that was w/ 62,790 kms on it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree with Fasteddie. You should be able to do better. Especially, this time of year. You are not even close to riding season up there. Good luck!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Essentially saying "hi" is frequently the lone thing VAT Accounting Software Dubai you need to quickly say. Past this, in any case, you should offer an extra hello that fits becoming acquainted with your client more. A few instances of amicable, agreeable good tidings that you can consider include: What acquires you today?"

·
Registered
Vx300
93 Posts
Some r replying as if you’re talking the 650. I suggest looking for used. I picked up my ‘17 Vx 300 last summer for $3800 USD with 2000 miles on it. Came with extras: center stand, crash bars, and hand guards. I’d try for a better deal. Maybe negotiate some accessories at least? Besides that, I bought mine as a seasoned rider downsizing from bigger bikes. Very happy with its performance and ease of handling. It’s more than a beginner bike, but makes a fine place to start too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts