Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, greetings from Melbourne Australia. I have only ever owned Kawasaki bikes. First KLX 250, then KLX400 (yes I know it was a green Suzuki). Raced a KFX 450r, and my last bike was the KLR650.
But now that I am commuting to the city I have sold that and have purchased a new Versys 650 Non Learner model. A Jack of all trades bike.
Glad to be here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
G'day mate,
I was in Melbourne in February / March this year for the Superbikes and Avalon Airshow, visited GOR and the Grampians. I'm also a Kawasaki nut had a few over the years. And yes we will forgive you owning a Suzuki, I've had a few myself.
Enjoy a great forum.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I think the learner has a restrictor plate. I thought that was removable and helped increase the resale value since more people could be potential buyers.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Welcome.

Went to pick up my 2015 Versys after dropping off the KLR 650. And the IDIOTS ordered in the Learner version.
hmmm... LAMS bike is slightly more expensive but holds its resale value very very well

Legalities aside... If you want, they are easy to de-restrict, unplug a loop wire on diagnostic plug under seat, and unscrew the throttle stop.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Went to pick up my 2015 Versys after dropping off the KLR 650. And the IDIOTS ordered in the Learner version.
Doesn't the "Learner" have MORE HP than the KLR...?

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
8 Posts
G'day mate good to see a fellow melburian here, are you doing the GP run at all?
Anytime you feel like going for a ride shoot me a message I'm only in South eastern suburbs.
Anyways good riding to all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts