Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anybody thinking about some really fine leather, I can highly recommend a company in Va. named Fox Creek Leather. While you might think it's all HD oriented, the quaility of the leather and the construction is better than you can find at all dealerships and leather outlets. Most of the 10 styles are plain and classic stuff. Plan on ordering a size up, and beware that the thick ones weigh almost 10 lbs. They do not come with armor but have well designed insert areas that velcro enclose. I got the Commander style, and on 20 F days, I weare it with the liner, a shirt and a light sweater. No leaks, but will breath with the multiple zipped vents. Even comes with a detachable fleece lined neck gator and various pockets. You can call them and have the jacket cutom fit I believe. Enjoy.
Now for the bad holiday humor!

What does Santa say to his farmer friends this time of year?

HO HO HO

(you can interchange the word hooker in there somewhere if you want to change the joke)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
up here in the great northwest..Portland,Oregon to be precise..we have Langlitz Leathers...they've been making motorcycle leathers FOREVER..well so it seems...their stuff ain't cheap..BUT it will last you longer than your bike or even your biking career...people still wearing their 30 year old jackets are not unheard of...All custom made...believe me it would be worth your time to ride here and get some of their leathers if you can afford them...

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
i have stuff from both fox creek (2 jackets and a "custom" tailbag)
and langlitz (1 jacket ,1 vest ,and 1 you really dont wanna know) and fox creek had a zip fail on first jacket with in 2 weeks of getting it they gave me a discount on the replacement (not much mind you) and second one had some loose stitching , bag on the other hand was great held up well and looked wonderful
as for langlitz..... i think my wallet just killed its self when i mentioned the name xD
vest came out perfect (was a gift for my uncle) jacket didnt fit and they exchanged it (months after getting it) no hassle at all.
fox creek was cheaper but shows you get what you pay for

·
Registered
643 Posts
Don't forget...

http://www.johnsonleather.com/

I have 2 Fox Creek jackets, one for me one for my gf. My opinion of these is very high for an off the rack jacket. Very well made. They are sort of traditional in that they do biker stuff like chaps. They have been putting armor pockets in some of their jackets for a while now.

Vanson quoted me an ungodly amount for a custom jacket. I am a perfect XLT but to Vanson I am a custom. Fox Creek had a tall size 48, perfect.

Way past Christmas, but I did want to put in a good word for Fox Creek.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget...

http://www.johnsonleather.com/

I have 2 Fox Creek jackets, one for me one for my gf. My opinion of these is very high for an off the rack jacket. Very well made.
You can get them to customize by ordering longer or shorter arms. I do suggest ordering one size up from regualr jacket size. Everything about them is first class from the grade and thickness, the stitching, the heavy duty brass zippers, the winter liner and the removable fleece neck gator that hides away behind that liner. YOu do have to order armor from elsewhere, and I recommend the Bohn kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts