Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got A garmin nuvi 255w for christmas and although its not designed for motorcyles I plan to use it next year with my Vee, can anyone tell me what it is about the zumo that makes it motorcycle friendly and if I might have A problem with the nuvi on the bike? thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
From what I can tell, the motorcycle friendliness is due to the fact they are waterproof and the screen is "glove friendly". They also have Bluetooth and XM radio compatibility.

I bought the Nuvi 550 for motorcycle use. It is waterproof, which is the main feature important to me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Zumo

All I know is, it got my friend to Argentina and back , and he raves about it . Here is a review of the new model 660 and how it compares to the older 550 , http://www.webbikeworld.com/garmin-gps/garmin-zumo-660-review/ , Waterproof , glove friendly and left hand operation for MC travel . Easy to read screen , easy to use , even my dumb ass non-techno brain can figure it out . Any questions you have , I can forward to him if you want , as he has used his for what it was "actually" intended , not for finding a starbucks 2 blocks from your house ..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts