Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if some one makes a GPS mount for the Zumo above the dash? Kind of like the one they have for the 07-09 models. If not I am planning to try to make something. I have started to make the pattern and going to use aluminum to fabricate it. I just wish I had a break to bend the aluminum.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
My RAM mount bought at Amazon.com for $33.

Much easier than fabbing up something. You can remove the entire mount except the ball by loosening the thumb wheel when not in use. :goodluck:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does anyone know if some one makes a GPS mount for the Zumo above the dash? Kind of like the one they have for the 07-09 models. If not I am planning to try to make something. I have started to make the pattern and going to use aluminum to fabricate it. I just wish I had a break to bend the aluminum.
I'm with you. I currently have the RAM mount, but would LOVE to get it off my handlebars and up above the dash like Speedy's mount for the earlier gen V. I've been chatting with our machine shop guys at work to see if maybe we can figure something out, likely using the spare "holes" for the windshield adjustment. If you do fab something up, by all means post some pics!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I have the GPS mounted on a ram mount and want to get it off the bars. I called motowwerk to see if they were working on something for the 2010-2011 bike and they never called me back. So I got some .08 aluminum and made up some templates and started cutting out the aluminum. I have the face plate for the GPS mount following the contour of the dash on top. I am not going to have time this weekend to finish it but I plan on working on it some more this week. Once I have it done I will post it up.

I just mounted a new Givi windshield and the mount will fit right behind the screen and I plan on blacking out the bottom of the shield and mount my e zpass on the top of the dash behind the GPS. The only way to get to the Ez Pass will be to take the shield off, plus it will be hidden.

·
Registered
266 Posts
When I was ordering my lowering kit from Speedy, the lady I spoke to said that something was in the works for the 2011's. :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
You mentioned wanting to do this on a 2011. THIS is how I did it on a 2008 with a Madstad windshield bracket...might give you an idea. The location above the tach is way better than on the handlebars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well since I have perked some interest on this issue. Here is a little teaseon what I am doing. Here is the new GPS dash in the rough. I still I have to sand it and shape it a little more and paint it black. There is room on it for acccessory switches like heated grips, lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well since I have perked some interest on this issue. Here is a little teaseon what I am doing. Here is the new GPS dash in the rough. I still I have to sand it and shape it a little more and paint it black. There is room on it for acccessory switches like heated grips, lights.
That's a good idea you have there.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Something to consider...

With the `vent’ at the bottom of the Givi screen some bugs & stuff inevitably get in and onto the top of the instrument cluster... and that mount looks like it would make it a real PITA to clean them off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally finished the new GPS dash mount. I have to say it works great. I also painted my new Givi shield and have my ezpass scured behind the new dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks really good- I'll bet it eliminates that wonderful glow on the windshield from the city light/headlight, too!

These go into production when?:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts