1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess that answers that:confused:
OK how about the Vance & Hines CS One ship-on? The Versys specific ones seem to be not available any longer but they still seem to be making them for the ER6N. Would one for the ER6N work on a Versys?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had the black short shots for my sportster. I was really dissapointed in the black finish as it grays over time. I also don't care for the CS1 as it looks huge with that prechamber. And it doesn't fit the stock hard bags. If you like the sidemount exhaust style, then I would recommend the Yoshi from what I've read on here. Others are really pleased with the Arrow (Undermount). Those are the two I really considered before going with the Delkevic DS70. I really didn't like the polished look of the yoshi (The carbon was too expensive) nor the closeness to the rear tire of the Arrow. I got the DS70 for 225 shipped from Delkevic.

From reading various exhaust forums on here, I've found the Yoshi, Arrow, and Two Bros to be among the most popular. Of course none of this directly answers your question, it might give ya a little insight on exhaust options. I've found the Yoshi and Two Bros. to be cheapest on Amazon, while the Arrow on MotovationUsa.com

Oh, and not that I plan to go with an Autotune or anything, but if you do, I know the Arrow and Delkevic have the bung hole in the link pipe.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the insight. I'm trying to balance price, quality, finish, performance, and fit...Not much really:D OH yeah, then there is the ever popular: Well since you live in Alaska we need to charge you $$$ MORE for shipping.........:mad::mad:I'm steering towards black finish for sure as I DON'T like shiny chrome or stainless. Been there done that when i was younger, and WAAAAY over it now. There is now nothing on my bike that shines and I'd like to keep it that way. :thumb: And sorry but the Delkevic looks TOO MUCH like a tuner/ricer car can, and i will NOT have my bike look like that! JMHO and I've dualsported my Versys and it just doesn't fit the look and function I'm going for. And the Carbon Fiber (LOOK) as you say, is much more expensive. I REALLY don't know what to do:confused: Maybe I'll just pull the stocker heavyweight BRICK, strip it down and paint it black or something:huh:
Who knows?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Delkevic makes quite a few for our rides. It was only the 8" I felt reminded me of a GReddy exhaust on a tunner car. The 9" has the optional baffle on the inlet side, while the 13 and 14" have it on the outlet. I didn't want shiny either, and was really close to getting the Dark Arrow. But I liked the price of the cabon fiber Delkevics.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
...Maybe I'll just pull the stocker heavyweight BRICK, strip it down and paint it black or something:huh:
Who knows?
Jeff - WAY-Y-Y back in the beginning (2008), some of the guys were replacing their mufflers w/ something from muffler shops, around $50 IF I remember right. Try the highest page numbers under Technical or Performance.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the Yoshi carbon. Well in fact it's the part number for the ER6N. I picked it up second hand locally. They list it is different part numbers for the Versys & ER6. I took a chance and bought it. The rear hanging bracket if different, but I ordered the Versys bracket from Yoshi. The muffler fitted on problem. May give you another option.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Yoshi carbon. Well in fact it's the part number for the ER6N. I picked it up second hand locally. They list it is different part numbers for the Versys & ER6. I took a chance and bought it. The rear hanging bracket if different, but I ordered the Versys bracket from Yoshi. The muffler fitted on problem. May give you another option.
I was wondering that, how much different the ER6N exhaust is to the Versys, in terms of mounting and fitment. Anyone care to chime in??:feedback:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was wondering that, how much different the ER6N exhaust is to the Versys, in terms of mounting and fitment. Anyone care to chime in??:feedback:
I believe the ern6 and 650 ninja share the same exhaust..but with not the versys...something about the oil pan designs being different...at least on the 2nd generation

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe the ern6 and 650 ninja share the same exhaust..but with not the versys...something about the oil pan designs being different...at least on the 2nd generation
Usually bracket mount slip-ons are interchangeable on the 650R and ER6N, but not the Versys. Some strap mount slip-ons will fit all three. And full systems for 2012 and on for the 650R and ER6N will not fit the Versys as the Oil pan design was changed on those two bikes. Also the reason for the abundance of full systems available for those two rides is that the stock exhaust is one piece and no longer accepts slip-ons.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well I fitted mine no problem. I doubt that you'll notice the difference.:) Nothing is hitting or catching anything. Everything lines up correctly with the right bracket. Gen 2 (June 2013)

I'll post a photo once I get home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts