Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally don't love Cycle Gear. They have lots of cheap stuff that usually lasts about a year (sometimes less). A couple years ago I purchased their "Hotwired" brand heated jacket liner. Recently one of the attachments for the glove stopped working. Some time ago, the heat controller stopped working too.

I brought them both in and they exchanged them with zero hassle. The replacement ones also have a lifetime warranty too.

Get the jacket liner on sale and it's even a better deal, usually they will include the heat controller for free.

The jacket liner works with my Gerbing's gloves too...another bonus!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here in Houston we have 3 Cycle Gear stores. I've bought from each of them and ALWAYS been treated very well. I refer fellow riders there all the time. I'm satisfied with their products and their easy return policy. They even have a 7 day helmet return policy . . . try it for 7 days . . . if you don't like it . . . take it back. They're good folks!

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I visted one a few years ago, but it was like a 2 hour drive. Not worth going again, but eould shop from them more often if one was closer.
They definatly have some crappy gear, (the stors brand BILT is pretty bad) but overall I liked the store. I have also bougut several times online and had easy returns.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should add that I too am always treated very well there and go there often. They are good folks, you just gotta know what you're getting...

·
Registered
665 Posts
The one closest to me (75 miles) rarely has much in stock in anything larger than XL. It's all "we can order that for you". Yeah, I can order it too and not have to drive to go get it.

I've had some of their gear and it's worth the price. Just don't expect Held or Klim quality and you will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts