Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm off the bike I decided today to kill a Rattlesnake...the one that lives in my gauge cluster. Everything went well and I even added one rubber washer to the lower mounting boss to stablize the cluster in the fairing mount as it was really rockin' & rollin' there. After I had it all back together I had to ride around the block (don't tell my Doctor OK? :nono: ) and no more rattle. BUT no more reset either. :mad: So I get to pull it back off and see where I went wrong. Not as big of deal as I feared it'd be, took longer to go buy the supplies that to do.

Now that I killed the Moose I can hear the mice. Looks like a few more rattle are hiding in there.

Thanks for the heads up guys and the sticky is priceless.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
good 4 u. Kind of.

I'd be careful on that "reset" thing, it's fooled me before.

When you want to use the "reset" be sure to press it and hold it for a few seconds, it takes a bit before it does the actual reset.

Other bikes I've had you just press it, yer done... not this one, press it and hold it for a few seconds... then yer done ;)
You're right I didn't even think about the delay factor in the button. I'll go out and try again BEFORE I tear the bike apart.

Good call I went out and tried again gave it a tick more time and it worked.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Nice catch there fellas.....That's what this sites all about!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
good 4 u. Kind of.

I'd be careful on that "reset" thing, it's fooled me before.

When you want to use the "reset" be sure to press it and hold it for a few seconds, it takes a bit before it does the actual reset.

Other bikes I've had you just press it, yer done... not this one, press it and hold it for a few seconds... then yer done ;)
That's how it starts. Soon it won't work at all.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Mine quit working like so many others during the first few thousand miles.

There are many threads regarding this malady.
I opened up my "IP" and sprayed the switch and contacts with "CRC 'Powerlube' ". (got mine at the auto parts store)
You don't have to take the switch it's self completely apart. The contact lube will make it's way if you just turn the IP a bit. shake it up, as it were.
That was almost 15,000 miles ago and all is well.

Fix was so simple (for me anyway), that I just figured someone on the assembly line needed to take a leak and took the can with him so a few bikes got by without a factory squirt of contact lube.
LOLOL

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries I followed the Guide here to get rid of the buzz and it worked fine.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6904

Only thing I thought I did wrong was to stuff too much heat shrink tubing in there. But I just was not waiting long enough for the reset, poke and go don't work gotta hold it for a couple of seconds. Use to the KLR with the old fashion manual gauge is all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a much easier fix.
Ear plugs, but you do have to do the fix every time you get on the bike.

Buzz? I don't have no stinkin' buzz. . . . . well until I get home and bust out the Tequila.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a much easier fix.
Ear plugs, but you do have to do the fix every time you get on the bike.
That was the problem to me...I wear ear plugs all the time and could still hear the buzzing.

BUT it's a thing I Hope of the past now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts