Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
So... is it good enough to make you consider purchase?

Anything stand out as "extra good" ... or "disappointing" ?

Those are really sharp bikes for sure -- glad you got to ride it 馃榾

Registered
I agree. I think they should build something based on the Versys 300 but with the 650 engine.
Or the 400 or 500 engine for that matter 馃槈

Reactions: Dale and Fly-Sig

Registered
I still need to ride the Tiger sport 660, and V85TT before I make a purchase consideration. Obviously, the Tuareg is the most off-road oriented of the 3, followed by the V85TT, and then the Tiger Sport.

The handling was very neutral. Suspension was phenomenal! Riding position was upright but the pegs seemed closer to the seat than I expected.

I followed the owner down one of our "Goat Trail" farm roads and you know how you watch the bike in front of you for an indication of any larger bumps ahead? Well, that taillight barely moved while the suspension soaked up the hits and kept the tire planted. It looked like the bike was just floating along.

The bike is truly set up for off-road so the handlebars are pretty wide and I'm not sure if I would like them on a long street ride.

The only way I could touch flatfoot was if I rolled forward and straddled the bike. The riding position can make you forget you are that far off the pavement so until it becomes muscle memory I had to think about stretching my leg down when i came to a stop.

It was still going through the break in miles so I'm sure it will have more power once the computer lets you rev and give it full throttle.
Man, that suspension does sound great. Thanks for the review 馃憤馃徎

1 - 3 of 3 Posts