Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drained the piggy bank yesterday and picked up my crimson beauty, already got 300 miles with a couple of 2 up rides on her and fricken love it!

I do, however, have that fairing buzz that I've read about somewhere on these forums. Is this a warranty issue? I'm going to mention it when I bring her in for the 600 mile service but will my dealership know of this and how to fix it? If not, can someone point me to the posts that contain the info for this problem. Thanks folks!

I'm waiting for the clouds to break then I'll be out on my V all day - 600 miles fast approaching!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
There are numerous posts on this forum, but there are basically two things that cause the buzz. There is a tab where the dash slips into the headlight cowling that needs to be padded with foam and you may also get some buzz from where the side cowling meets the top cowling. You can add some foam (I like the closed cell foam the best) to these areas to fix the buzzing. This post has links to many of the solutions.

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=620&highlight=buzz

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If you have an Ace Hardware nearby they usually have a good supply of closed cell adhesive foam. I found some foam rubber pads in the section where they have the felt furniture pads that work great on the cowling. Home Depot has crap open cell foam. I haven't tried Lowes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts