Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm organizing my garage. I moved somethings out of my way. A hose real cart and a toddler mattress that I leaned up next to it. Then I moved my bike over a bit . I grabbed the rear stand and proceeded to lift the rear of the V when all of a sudden the bike falls over and I couldnt catch it! I could only watch in horror as it fell to the right side. Much to my relief it fell soft and gently against the mattress and hose cart (fell over 45 degrees, not all the way down.) I picked it back up completely relieved.
I hurt my back so I had to carefully squat down on the left side while I was lifting it. After I picked it up, I did the same damn thing again.
V's fine, I'm its all good!:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
do the flatfoot mod already................

·
Registered
875 Posts
Very nice technique. I'll be packing a couple mattresses around mine myself...will save me a lot of grief!:goodidea:

At just 450lbs., with such a high COG it's surprisingly difficult to stop her once she starts going, even harder to step back and watch...[URL="
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Yes its painful to see her drop. drop my during a ride. It just cut out as I was making a turn to park and went down on my right side. could not lift her but lucky Mr Red came to the rescue to lift her. No damage at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd throw that Harbor Freight stand is the trash. Bought one a few weeks ago and 3 of the 8 allen bolts holding the adjustable arms were stripped out upon assembly. I'd hate to see how hard the bile would flip over if they were to give out. Cheaping out on some things is alright but I personally would'nt trust that thing holding up my bike after seeing how poorly it's designed.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'd throw that Harbor Freight stand is the trash. Bought one a few weeks ago and 3 of the 8 allen bolts holding the adjustable arms were stripped out upon assembly. I'd hate to see how hard the bile would flip over if they were to give out. Cheaping out on some things is alright but I personally would'nt trust that thing holding up my bike after seeing how poorly it's designed.
I've had my HF stand for a year and no issues. Great, inexpensive stand.

If your stand came with stripped threads, you should have taken it back and gotten a replacement. Perhaps they put a "returned" unit back in stock that a customer with forearms like a gorilla had abused. The boss that the fork is bolted to, is, after all aluminum and care should be taken when assembling. I used Loctite for that very reason.

V-Zee

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did return it with no problems. Didn't seem very well designed especially considering a t-rex stand can be had fo a few dollars more. Harbor Freight is known for making cheap products. A little loctite won't fix bad engineering.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
? Not a troll, just remembered OP had a tough time with his front sprocket, thought it was nice he had some good luck.
Damn Baby, dont be so hard on me! :)
That front sprocket was a raging BEOTCH :guilty:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sounds like a patentable bike catcher to me! Glad it all worked out well.

@Popeye...you will not regret the T-Rex stand(s).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts