Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up purchasing Hamie's Versys from this thread. Marvelously maintained, only one cosmetic issue which was fully disclosed. I feel like I got a great deal.

So the ride home was my first real extended ride on a Versys. Some initial newbie thoughts:

• I like grip puppies. Never had em' before, but really like em'.
  • There is no way this is just a 649cc motor.
  • Torque. Torque. Torque.
  • On a windy day, the stock windscreen is useless. All I could hear was wind. Note to self: get earplugs and also install the touring windscreen.
  • Despite being 6' 1" and able to flatfoot a stock Versys, I'm going to keep the lowering kit in place for a while, see how I like it. May raise it back up later. The peg positions are....nice.
  • The dish on the Corbin seat is nice. Another luxury I've never had before.
  • The 44T sprocket setup is pretty nice. I've not ridden a non-44T bike, but as smooth as it is (roughly 72mph indicated, top gear, under 5K rpm is pretty nice and smooooooth)
So I'm going to get it in for a 15K mi inspection. For the time being, I'm going to take off the Givi racks until I can afford some bags for it, and then I'll re-install. Other farkles are going to include:

1) Handguards - perhaps some KTMs
2) BarEnd mirrors (if they will install with the throttlemeister in place)
3) Tail light modulator
4) Kisan headlight modulator

Thanks for the advice, and special thanks to Bear On A Bicycle for pointing out the link to the Versys at roughly the same moment I was sending Hamie a PM about the bike!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Glad to help!! I wasn't sure if you guys were in contact, so I thought I'd play match maker. Looks like I didn't really need to, though.

Glad things worked out for both of you!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
MRA Touring Windshield...

Congradulations Killbilly.. That's a great looking Versys..I can recommend a MRA Touring Shield from Twisted Throttle... :goodidea: they have other cool stuff..Here's the MRA...:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congradulations Killbilly.. That's a great looking Versys..I can recommend a MRA Touring Shield from Twisted Throttle... :goodidea: they have other cool stuff..Here's the MRA...:cheers:
Thanks for the tip on the MRA.

How's the buffeting/noise level? The Mike's shield I have on it right now has cut down the beating on my arms and chest, but it's still pretty noisy going over the top of my helmet. I'm 6' 1", 34" inseam.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, the Versys really is an amazing bike for the money.

I'd recommend Calsci windshields. I use the large. Doesn't completely eliminate buffeting but it certainly is a huge improvement.

I always wear earplugs though. Makes any ride at any speed a lot more enjoyable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts