·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone here with a sense of humor???

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I thought it was hilarious but I was laughing too much to be able to type a reply when I say it yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...Anyone here with a sense of humor???...
We had a saying in the RCAF which seems to be applicable here, Tim:

IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR - YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE JOINED!

;)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

;)
Good one Eddie. My favorite is: God has a sense of humor...I am reminded of it every time I look in the mirror!
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

;)
Except the USAF Strategic Air Command (SAC) which, to my knowledge, never had a sense of humor. Their motto back in the days before SAC ceased to exist was, "SAC believes if they have you by the testicles your heart and mind will follow." I think General Curtis LeMay first spoke those words.

I remember my SAC wing commander calling me flippant and cavalier during a wing staff briefing one morning. The first words out of my mouth were "thank you." He became apoplectic, and it took all the control I could muster to keep from laughing. Which I suppose goes to show at least one member of SAC had a sense of humor.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
... Except the USAF Strategic Air Command (SAC) which, to my knowledge, never had a sense of humor. Their motto back in the days before SAC ceased to exist was, "SAC believes if they have you by the testicles your heart and mind will follow." I think General Curtis LeMay first spoke those words....
I was going thru Elmendorf AFB enroute to Viet Nam in '73 to get our members of the ICC (Internat'l Control Commission) back to Canada after we (as well as Poland and Hungary) had allowed Nixon's "Peace With Honor" to be done.

My navigator had already worked everything out for the next leg (to Shemya), so I sent him to the C-130 while I and my FO took a 'courtesy briefing' from the OPS officer. When it was over I thanked him, then turned to head out the door, but he stopped me w/ "You'll have to wait for the colonel, captain." to which I answered "WHY, major?"

"He will be here in 30 minutes, and he has to sign out your flight authorization" he answered.

I threw the major a snappy salute, saying "Please give the colonel my thanks for the use of your facilities, but as an aircraft commander in the Canadian Forces I do NOT need any authorization - I already have FULL authority for my mission. Thanks."

(y)(y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts