Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our members posted an advert for the bags from his '17 V650, FREE, (left one pristine, right one w/ broken attachment points) so I contacted him as to whether he would mail them to Canada, and we came to an agreement.

I had wrecked my left bag last summer, camping, when I tried to get under-way w/ the front disc-lock STILL attached to my front wheel, and it went down HARD shattering the left bag. Once home my buddy and I 'fixed' it w/ liberal doses of epoxy, and GORILLA TAPE on the inside 'seams'.

Received the left one a couple of days ago, and started figuring HOW I could get it re-keyed to MY ignition key, but didn't get TOO worked up about it (my 'fixed' bag was working FINE), so set it onto my workbench.

THEN yesterday I went out to do some 'chores', and when I got back to the house I stopped it where I USUALLY do (preparatory to backing it into my garage). NORMALLY I put the sidestand down, killing the engine, then swing my leg over and get OFF, THEN turn the key OFF. So, INSTEAD I turned off the key (stand STILL UP...:eek:...), and got off without extending the stand, and heard a pretty LOUD 'crash' as it hit the gravel.

(PROBABLY said a "BAD" word or two...:censored:, then got it back on its wheels w/ help from my wife, and back into the garage .)

It looked pretty sad, so I got down the "new" bag, and quickly realized that, as the lock is part of the INNER bag, it looked like I could just remove the OUTER from the wrecked bag, then replace it w/ the OUTER from the freebie new bag. All it takes is to remove ONE "phillips" JIS screw, and then 'drive-out' two pins at the bottom and the OUTER is 'free' of the INNER, on BOTH bags - probably took about 10 minutes, and here's the result, altho' the paint doesn't "quite" match, yet.... :wink2:

The "old" bag looks pretty much the same as it did last summer.:rolleyes:

:eek:

:nono:

·
Registered
322 Posts
he shoots........... he scores!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts