Those that would Use the Google Map

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What was a very simple addition to this forum, originally maintained by Capn Kirk, then taken over by rodentrancher ( can't contact since May 2017 ), is turning out to be something very complicated, a suggestion of using Verticalscope google account to host is where the problem started, this is private and needs a log in password. I have been working on this since early July, then August 8, I got Administration involved, we seem to be going in circles.My last PM stated this:I believe users will need to request access everytime they try to access it

I am considering just dropping the whole issue, at present the Google map is current to May 2017 and the thread is closed.

This post is a poll to see what percentage if any of the membership are ever going to use this map.

FYI due to the fact I seem to be spinning my wheels and getting no place, and my name went on the existing map back in 2008, the only time I ever used the map extensively was recently trying to locate members for Shouldaben . I don't intend to cast my vote into this.
:feedback:

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Far / 3 Mods / Think alike

As in the title, will let the poll run it's course but, looking at what Admin is suggesting, and I could be wrong on this as I am not in the loop for some unknown reason, I think to use this from a member perspective will require a password to view, to get that password will require a request which could take hours / days / weeks, to get, not my idea of user friendly! Again, I am reading between the lines and could be 150% wrong>:)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have had my name added a few years ago but have never used it ... and don't believe that I will in the future.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I like the idea of it but it seems like alot of work for someone. Sounds like the novelty wore off for the seasoned members.I do like when people include where they live in their profile.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
You have done more than your share onewizard. I vote just let the whole thing go. I also have never used it. If somebody REALLY wants to find somebody at a certain location they can just do a post.
THANKS for all the time you put in on this, Chuck

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have never used it myself, and if I haven't used it by now, I'm not going to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm very new, Haven't had occasion to use it but it is a grand idea. Just a map with locations, and no advance commitment to host, probably as good as needed. One can always post an intended route and ask for feedback/PM if one is looking for waypoints, lodgings, recmmendations....or HELP. To maintain it as an advance clearinghouse would be a ton of work and not worth it IMO. There are other social media resources t serve the same purpose, but as I said a the outset, seeing all the dots on a map was cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts