Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off for Ruidoso NM last week, to visit a couple of friends and to a bit of dirt riding. No pictures of the visit or the riding. However I have some pictures of the result of the week. Took a little spill in the deep gravel and now have to do some cosmetic surgery on the Little Gray Bike. Also need to give my knee a bit of a rest. Tweaked it a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Glad to hear you're no worse off than you described. And hope the bike won't be too $$$$ to put back into good shape. Always knew that off road stuff could be hazardous to oneself and one's bike. At least it would be the case for me given that I'm a geezer and a little slow to react to "oh, crap" situations these days.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I checked with Shad and they may sell you one side case.....had a guy scratch one of mine with his truck. I was able to clean up about 99% of the damage and did not pursue a replacement case. Just some FYI.

PM sent with Shad contact info.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with Shad and they may sell you one side case.....had a guy scratch on of mine with his truck. I was able to clean up about 99% of the damage and did pursue a replacement case. Just some FYI.

PM sent with Shad contact info.
Thanks, I shoot him an E-mail on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
...Took a little spill in the deep gravel and now have to do some cosmetic surgery on the Little Gray Bike....
FWIW - when I dropped my '08 I scratched the crash bars similar to what you did. I used some electricians tape to hide those scratches.

Here's the BEFORE

AND the AFTER.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
the roads around cloudcroft and ruidoso are nice. glad you aren't seriously hurt. i see you're from colorado, but heat/cold, dehydration, not eating, and increased altitude/decreased O2 can get you in trouble. like ed, I've got road rash on my crash bars to prove it. doesn't do much for awareness, decision making. gravel is my nemesis.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not a problem with Temps, mid to uper 70's, Plenty of food and water, and I am use to riding @ 10000 ft or higher here in Colorado. Above tree line. Crash bars have been removed and sanded as best they can be. The paint is now in the drying process. As soon as I get my new plastic parts they will go back on the bike.

Wheel got in a gravel filled deep rut and could not pull it's self out. **** Happens.

Guess I will have to ride my Big Verseys 1000LT for a while, or maybe if I want to go off pavement take my V-Strom 650:wink2::laugh2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
I used Satin Black spray paint to take care of the scratches on my crash bars....If your going to be doing a lot of off road if the plastics are just scratched and not broken also the side cases. Just cover all the plastics and side cases with roll-on bed liner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts