·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
very good!
I just bought my second Olympia Airglide hi-viz, I get a lot of "thumb up" from the people on the road....
extra thing: some think I'm a police man ;)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Good color choice. I wear either a yellow or red Joe Rocket jacket and a yellow Z1R or red AGV helmet depending on my mood. I very much like making myself as conspicuous as possible among the hoards of texting drivers. Never quite understood the black bike and gear appeal. Perhaps they're much better riders or are indestructible??

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just got home took off to a friends house at 4:20pm on the 605 & 405 lots of traffic so did lots of lane splitting and noticed people were giving lots of room way before i got to them it usally doesn't go that way.Still had the occasional butt wipe that tried to block the path but thats to be expected. So far. :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the "Highlighter Man" club!! :welcome:

Been hi-viz for a while myself. Last gear purchase was Olympia Bushwacker jacket, Icon Alliance helmet, and 2 pair of gloves from Competition Accessories.......ALL hi-viz! I also have one of those hi-viz mesh work vests I use when wearing one of my older non-hi-viz jackets.

Been looking at the Teiz Mojave for a while: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-motorsports/mojave/

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been hi-viz for about 3 years. This year I added a hi-viz hit-air vest. If people can't see me coming, they have to be blind.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been hi-vis since the Versys joined my Harley.

Still rock the pirate wear on my Harley, but am hi-vis with First Gear Kilmanjaroo jacket and overpants and Fly Trekker helmet on the versys.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use a tourmaster sonora air jacket. Its mesh and comes with a windproof-"waterproof" liner and insulated liner, I havent had to use any other jacket since. And I noticed a huge difference in how much people notice me. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I just picked up this hi-vis add-on from Princess Auto for 20 bucks. I only have one 30 minute highway ride with it, but I'm curious to see if I notice a difference in getting noticed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a high vis cool weather jacket and a black mesh jacket for summer. I seem to get cut off less, tail gated less and generally given more space on the road when wearing high vis. A friend swears it has got him out of a speeding ticket.

I just picked up this hi-vis add-on from Princess Auto for 20 bucks. I only have one 30 minute highway ride with it, but I'm curious to see if I notice a difference in getting noticed.
The only issue with general purpose safety vests, vs a motorcycle spec. safety vest, is the general purpose ones can flap in the breeze sometimes and block the wind if you are wearing a vented or mesh jacket.

·
Registered
127 Posts
HI Vis`

I also only wear HI VIS gear. I don't understand why motorcycle drivers chooose to wear black? I want to be seen so I can stay right side up! Only problem I have with my hi vis jacket is how dirty it gets. Road grime really makes it look dirty and it is difficult to get clean. Anyone got any tricks to get the road tar out of my jacket?

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also only wear HI VIS gear. I don't understand why motorcycle drivers chooose to wear black? I want to be seen so I can stay right side up! Only problem I have with my hi vis jacket is how dirty it gets. Road grime really makes it look dirty and it is difficult to get clean. Anyone got any tricks to get the road tar out of my jacket?

I put some Goop Hand Cleaner in the washing machine when i wash my jackets so far it has worked well.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The only issue with general purpose safety vests, vs a motorcycle spec. safety vest, is the general purpose ones can flap in the breeze sometimes and block the wind if you are wearing a vented or mesh jacket.
I agree, that's why I passed on a floppy safety vest and went with this strap style. The horizontal lower has wide velcro and elastic and anchors around your waist as loose or secure as you'd like. The up-rites are small enough to not cover vents or seem bulky and they stay flat. You can't really see the small black strap in the pic that connects the 2 up-rites across the chest. 65kms at 120 km/hr with a stock screen, no flapping in the wind.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the jacket does stand out as you can see in the first minute and 47 seconds of this video one of our group members did.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Cool. That video really is a good example of how much more obvious the hi-viz appears, relative to the other riders with you.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I sure notice a difference with hi-viz.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts