Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really like the new Hi-Vis jacket and gloves. I think it really does help. :thumb:

After my neighbor was hit from behind and killed it made me want to try something. :eek:

Weljo helped me with some awesome buys! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Glad you like them...:)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Really like the new Hi-Vis jacket and gloves. I think it really does help. :thumb:

After my neighbor was hit from behind and killed it made me want to try something. :eek:

Weljo helped me with some awesome buys! :thumb:
I'm with your brother! :thumb:

I have people from work tell me they see me waaaaaaay up in front of them in traffic, even in the dark.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm very convinced that since wearing my bright reflective yellow vest and installing my Denali D2 aux light, drivers have been able to see me a lot better. The sheer number of "close calls" and general stupidity displayed by drivers specifically towards me has dropped noticeably since adding the lights.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ride sweep with a small group some time and look at the riders in front of you. The ones wearing high viz gear and/or white helmets stand out. Black is practically invisible.

Yes, make yourself visible, but don't get complacent. Keep on assuming no one sees you, and on the off-chance someone does see you assume their plan is to run you over.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ride sweep with a small group some time and look at the riders in front of you. The ones wearing high viz gear and/or white helmets stand out. Black is practically invisible.

Yes, make yourself visible, but don't get complacent. Keep on assuming no one sees you, and on the off-chance someone does see you assume their plan is to run you over.
+1 And watch out for the person that looks right at you as they run you over! :eek:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
In my neck of the woods, if they glance over their shoulder more than once, be ready for a lane change. Apparently that is the same thing as using your turn signal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have been wearing hi-viz for a couple years now, and I think it really does make a difference. Still have to watch for people, but my close calls are almost non existent. One time my jacket was in the wash and I went for a ride with my old jacket, a dark grey one. Had two close calls in 40 miles.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
IF you don't have hi-vis gear for whatever reason ($...?), you can get a hi-vis vest at Cycle Gear in various colors, for $29 + tax to wear OVER your present jackets.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My buddies make fun of my hi viz phantom, but they definitely see me.

I don't always wear hi vis, but I do on trips and when I know I am going to be in traffic situations.

Like others have said, I still ride like I am invisible.
Yeahhh....those guys look like the type to make fun of anything High-Viz. Gotta say man, that suit is awesome!!!
Does it get killer hot in the summertime?
BIGO

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
twowheeladdict...thats a great looking suit.:thumb::thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts