Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, cross from east to west coast of Ireland and visit the Slieve League cliffs in Donegal which are the tallest sea cliffs in Ireland/Europe (@ 1,972 feet). Although less famous than the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, Slieve League's cliffs reach almost three times higher.

It was a 296 mile round trip and one that I planned on map source to avoid as many major roads as possible, going by many minor and sometimes singletrack roads.

I came across these old fuel pumps that haven't been used for many a year.

I thought this chapel was quite nice, especially the bell tower/spire.

This was a cracking road. I only passed one car on the whole length of it.

I also came upon this memorial for someone who I can only guess was a fiddler. The inscription is in Gaelic, so I only know he croaked it in 1986.

And finally to my destination, the cliffs themselves. It was a stunning day and the Atlantic was absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't do any real justice to the view, but it was lovely to spend a while just looking down and around and chilling out for a while before the retuen journey home.

The Versys was terrific. It returned 61 mpg, was pretty comfortable (although I look forward to Sargent releasing a replacement seat) and a real hoot in many of the switchback turns that I had the pleasure to ride.

All in all, a great day out and one that I'll repeat with some friends in the near future. :thumb:

·
Registered
274 Posts
great pics!

wow davy..those are some awesome pics...thanks for sharing those...you inspire me to keep planning more adventures...!:thumb::cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for sharing Davy, great photo report. :) I always have a hard time stopping to take pictures, just want to keep going. So I appreciate it when folks do stop and then take the time to share their trip wit the rest of us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts