Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read some positive reviews about the Go Cruise Throttle Control on this forum a few weeks ago and proceeded to order one. From the onset, I was impressed the device. It was simple and worked great. I understand that the Go Cruise is weak at the "U" bend, so I very carefully removed it, following the instructions on the packaging exactly as described. Despite this, the device snapped in two pieces at the end of my very first ride- :mad: .

I strongly believe that the plastic component I purchased was defective from the start, but the Canadian distributor refused to exchange it for a new one, blaming me entirely for the break. I don't normally complain, but that was absolutely the worst customer service I've experienced in over 30 years of riding. This is only a $20.00 part, so why they wouldn't simply replace it is beyond me. I encourage Canadian buyers to be aware of potential customer service problems related to this product.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I read some positive reviews about the Go Cruise Throttle Control on this forum a few weeks ago and proceeded to order one. From the onset, I was impressed the device. It was simple and worked great. I understand that the Go Cruise is weak at the "U" bend, so I very carefully removed it, following the instructions on the packaging exactly as described. Despite this, the device snapped in two pieces at the end of my very first ride- :mad: .

I strongly believe that the plastic component I purchased was defective from the start, but the Canadian distributor refused to exchange it for a new one, blaming me entirely for the break. I don't normally complain, but that was absolutely the worst customer service I've experienced in over 30 years of riding. This is only a $20.00 part, so why they wouldn't simply replace it is beyond me. I encourage Canadian buyers to be aware of potential customer service problems related to this product.
Sorry to be off topic -- but does anyone know if the Go Cruise works if you have Grip Puppies installed? I ask because the bars have extra width + foam. I am thinking it wont.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Have you tried contacting them here...

2wheelride, Inc.

Email: [email protected]
phone: 626-922-3532 (Billy)
Mon-Sat. 9:30am-5:30 pm(PST)

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
I sent them an e-mail with a link to this post so if they do care about customer service hopefully they resolve the issue

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to be off topic -- but does anyone know if the Go Cruise works if you have Grip Puppies installed? I ask because the bars have extra width + foam. I am thinking it wont.
I had a Go Cruise on my (prior, heh) Versys with foam grip covers. I didn't have issues. Now have it sitting on my desk in the original package.

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
How the heck does this thing work? I dont get it :(

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just dont get what it is actually doing.. How does it keep it locked if its only on the grip? Must be dumb or something
no prob

You rotate the throttle to desired position. With your index finger, you rotate the Go Cruise in the opposite direction until it touches the front brake lever. Friction between the Go Cruise and the throttle allows the throttle to be held open.

When you close the throttle, it overcomes the friction and rotates the Go Cruise back to where it was before engagement.

·
Premium Member
9,117 Posts
IMHO it is a cheap fix, a "O" ring would work equally well and a fraction of the cost. I don't know about other people but I usually have all my fingers wrapped around the grip, only thing free is my thumb. I have a Universal throttle lock, at about $45, it works flawlessly, I can engage it in seconds and release it in seconds all with a flick of my thumb.I would think that that plastic would eventually damage your grip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts