Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question. Has anyone out there had issues with maintaining grip on the throttle while wearing gloves? It seems I have to either squeeze a lot harder than I should, causing hand fatigue, or readjust every so often to keep the throttle in the same spot as my hand slowly slips around the throttle. The gloves are new, so maybe it'll just take some breaking in, but thought I'd see if any of you folks have some suggestions. Changing the grips could be an option, but not in the budget at the moment.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Try one of these, a throttle rocker. I ride with the front brake covered and using at TR, helps hand fatigue.

I'm talking about the thing on the right in this picture. As you can see I also use a throttle lock (on the left) so I can scratch myself of flex my right hand for short periods. That is made by Vistacruise and goes for about $15.00 as I recall, very easy to fit-poor man's cruise control.

Think TR was about $10.00 on the web. Also known as Crampbuster, check the back of any motorcycle magazine.

Machog

·
Registered
224 Posts
Throttle thingie....

I also have that black plastic thing on my grip. It helps to stop my hand from cramping during long rides. I just have to rest my hand on it. My grips also have grip puppies and I also wear some type of padded glove when I ride.

Cb

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I use a Throttle Rocker, too. On both bikes. Helps a lot.

I always wear gloves so I can't help you with the no-gloves issue.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I’ve found that it all depends on the gloves/grips combination. I’ve had some combinations that would have my throttle hand aching after 15 minutes... but the leather palms on my current gloves (Olympia) with the stock ’10 V grips are perfect! I can hold the throttle in position by just laying my hand on it without even closing my fingers but it’s also not so `tacky' that I can’t let it slip.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have big hands and felt the same as you Tranquil. I put a set of grip puppies on and have been happy. The fatter grip provides better torque, thus less squeeze needed to hold and i think more precise throttle control. You may need to adjust your lever standoff because you lose about 3/16" of reach. $10 well spent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts