Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around and finely got the two push-plug rivet thingys out on the faring, pull the center and then push back in half way and they pop right out! Who Knew?

Anyway I mounted the Givi in the upper postion to see how it would work out. I was a bit shocked to find little if anymore buffeting and only a slight amount of noise. PLUS the gap over the head light lets in nice cool air! Only about an inch higher.

I gotta get the cluster out and de rattled before I go off the deep end and burn the bike. How Kawasaki can let crap like this ship I'll nver know. Looks like a 10 min fix from the post here. Like fingernails on a blackboard. :mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wonder if that rattle has to do with who ever assembled the bike out of the box? Mine doesn't rattle at all. I also have my windscreen in that same position. Seems to work best for me.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ha. I ran my givi full up for the last few thousand and just lowered it back down a day or two ago. Seems the same to me, looks better lower.

Good luck on the rattle thing. Let us know how that works out for you. My whole bike buzzes at five grand. Smooth everywhere else. I wear plugs so I only notice it if I don't wear them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts