·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just completed the first modification to my new '09 Versys:
Givi Windscreen

Chose the correct doohicky thing on the first try: 5/16 drive
And the correct hexa wrench thing on the second try: 5/32

For someone that only knows how to change their oil, I'm pretty psyched about that. Oh yeah, who's bad? ;-) :yeahsmile: :D

Ten minute job being extra careful.

I show the size comparison in the picture attached once on the bike.
Can't wait to feel the difference this weekend!

OK, what's next? GPS, camera, tank bag... oh yeah.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm pretty sure those windshield bolts and nuts are metric, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

Good color choice on the bike!

·
Registered
81 Posts
+1 E-nigma, that they are....but whatever does the job!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure those windshield bolts and nuts are metric, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

Good color choice on the bike!
Yeah, someone told me it was faster than black and blue or red all over?
Or was that a newspaper joke, I forget. ;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 E-nigma, that they are....but whatever does the job!
:exactly:

Just curious why if they finally made the V for the U.S. market it would still be metric? Eh, who cares, not sure why the U.S. never made the switch anyway. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice addition AxelF. You should notice a big improvement in comfort.

Just a little humor ......
"I show the size comparison in the picture attached once on the bike. Can't wait to feel the difference this weekend!" (That's what she said):joke:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looks like u got 2 windscreen on at the same time.... Double protection... :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Great photo!!! I'm going to see if that will work with Mikesshield.

Thanks stlee29!!:thanx::goodidea:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have been using the original windscreen turned upside down... So far don't have the need to buy a bigger, taller windscreen yet.

I see that a bigger and taller screen will help block out a lot of cold wind in the winter, but I was okay all winter in southern California. Now that the summer is here, I prefer to feel the summer wind...:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Laversys I thought the same thing. I used the stock screen all winter long (everyday commuting) but ever since I put on the givi I wished I would have done it the day I bought the bike.

I like the givi even in the hot humid climate of houston.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hmmm...

Might have to get myself one of those before chilly weather returns. Running the Vario screen which, while better than the stock, isn't actually any taller.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
:exactly:

Just curious why if they finally made the V for the U.S. market it would still be metric? Eh, who cares, not sure why the U.S. never made the switch anyway. :)
I guess the same reason Honda, Toyota, Nissan, ...haven't!

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
sharrison56 Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelF

Just curious why if they finally made the V for the U.S. market it would still be metric? Eh, who cares, not sure why the U.S. never made the switch anyway.

OMG. are you guys still in Inches:eek:

:cheers:

·
Registered
434 Posts
sharrison56 Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelF

Just curious why if they finally made the V for the U.S. market it would still be metric? Eh, who cares, not sure why the U.S. never made the switch anyway.

OMG. are you guys still in Inches:eek:

:cheers:
I converted all of the fasteners on my Versys to Whitworth. I have no clue why the Brits ever switched to metric, nor why the French failed to adopt my favorite.:D

I'm so confused....I just use pliers most of the time anyway.:eek:

V-Zee

·
Registered
46 Posts
How's the buffeting with the givi screen? I'm 6'4" and with the stock screen I'm in clean air, if I lower my head just a bit I'm in buffeting air.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how do you like it? Big difference?
I think this will answer a couple of people's questions; but yes, I've only had one 16 mile ride on it at top speed of 45 MPH since I put on the Givi, but I noticed a big differrence, absolutely. Much more comfortable ride. I'm 6' 2" (sorry to the metrics guys) and I think the wind is now flowing over my helmet. Most of my height is in the legs though. 36" inseam.

Have to admit though, I'm thinking at times I may like to feel that my arms are being pulled off when I twist the throttle, so depending on the types of roads I know I'll be on if taking a long cruise, I may switch back to stock for the fun of it.

To ride with my bro, I would prefer to get on some highway so it doesn't take forever to get there, and the Givi will probably be a blessing. I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts