Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anybody has pros or cons on Givi vs. Motech Crash Bars?

The Givi's are about $100 U.S. cheaper than the Motech. It's hard to tell from the pictures which might be better.

Looking for something that would help protect my leg more than the bike in the event of a crash etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If you can get them (??)

1. Hepco Becker
2. Givi
3. Motech

imo of course (look for radiator protection - main contact point and collision costs :wink2:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback. I ordered the Givi because Revzilla was out of the Motech. I'll see how they are. They will be here Monday. If I don't like them, they are only $7.45 U.S. to return.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I ordered the Givi because Revzilla was out of the Motech. I'll see how they are. They will be here Monday. If I don't like them, they are only $7.45 U.S. to return.
Let us know how you like the GIVIs. I'm looking at crash bars down the road sometime too.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
The SW-Motech bars are made of stronger and thicker steel and have a thicker coating. They also provide better protection, more coverage of the bike. In short you get what you pay for. As a rule all SW-Motech stuff from tank bags, to paniers, is higher quality and more pricy than Givi which is not to say Givi make cheap stuff.

I'm very happy with my SW-Motech bars. They've payed for themselves many times over in damage prevention.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The SW-Motech bars are made of stronger and thicker steel and have a thicker coating. They also provide better protection, more coverage of the bike. In short you get what you pay for. As a rule all SW-Motech stuff from tank bags, to paniers, is higher quality and more pricy than Givi which is not to say Givi make cheap stuff.

I'm very happy with my SW-Motech bars. They've payed for themselves many times over in damage prevention.
Twas ever thus.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had the sw motech on my 2012
they protected my leg when /I hit a Toyota corolla. would have been worse If I did not have the cage. There still on the bike, my friend has it now with a bit less plastics.

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts

My SW-Motech bars REALLY limited my damage (and the GREEN HORNET's...) when I "crashed" on the Dempster Hwy an hour S of Inuvik on 21st June.

:eek:penarms:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts