Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone has an opinion, so with that said tell me why or why not you went with which V35 mount? I have decided it will be the V35 and not a different case, bag etc. It is also extremely likely that I won't use a top case so the compatability of the top case rack won't matter to me. Lastly, does any one know if they all require the turn signal relo?
Thanks and bring in on I know opinions are plentiful here.....

·
Registered
312 Posts
I recently installed the Givi racks. I had actually ordered the Motech racks, but found a great deal on the Givi's before my Motech's were shipped. The guy I bought my Givi's from had swapped out from Givi to Motech because he wanted the Motech top rack and it is incompatible with the Give sideracks. He was happy with his decision, and had good things to say about both rack choices. He did say though, that the Givi racks were more compatible with the boxes in that they connected and disconnected easier.

My thought is that you can't go wrong with either one. I think it comes to possible future upgrade paths or just the aesthetics of one versus (versys :)) the other.

Good luck sorting through all of the opinions that are about to roll your way.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I am with Hooligan, I bought the Givi Top and side racks when I bought the E52 top case. I bought both racks so I could just do the installation once. The V35s are my next major purchase. I like the way they hug the bike. I also like the brake light kit on the E52. My only complaint with the E52 is having to use the key to lock the case. I always put it in my pocket before I lock the case.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the V46 top case and I installed a key kit so all on the bags use one hey. I keep it on the key ring with my ignition key so I don't have a problem. I do plan to install that stop light kit in the 46...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the V35 Givis and yes you relocate the turn signals. Complete instructions come with your mounting hardware. Your wires may be a little short getting rerouted. I'll try to post some pics for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts