Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the Givi E251 Universal Monokey Top Case Adapter Plate and wanted to see if this install is ok? If I align with the pre-drilled holes on the stock plate, the brackets don't cover the frame. If I were to remove the factory hex bolts it looks like the brackets would cover, but the holes in the Givi plate wouldn't align. The hex bolts are very tight, possibly with Loctite?

The case feels very secure, but wanted to see what others have done/think

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the same way, very secure. I may have installed the front brackets at a different angle that felt more centered to the mount.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’ve used & am using a Universal plate on a different Bike. It looks like maybe you should turn those bottom curved brackets where there pointing forward & backwards,where their on the tubings of the rack being mounted to .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I asked this question over at advrider and the simple answer is we don't need the brackets because it has a plate, the brackets would be if the only connection would be to a tubular frame. Bolted it straight to the plate and it's rock solid! Could add a washer on the underside if you felt compelled, otherwise works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts