Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All

After adding a givi trunk mount and trunk, I noticed that while standing behind the bike, it shielded the brake lamp - which got me to thinking, if there is a truck (high seat) behind me - can they see my braking inidicator at all? I think cars would be able to because of the angle of view, but a pickup or anyting bigger....not a chance! Not a pleasant thought...

Any suggestions? Or am I missing something...

·
Registered
307 Posts
AdMore makes a kit that makes the Givi "reflectors" light up.

I suggest not letting trucks or anyone get that close... they'd have to be tailgating you like crazy

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AdMore makes a kit that makes the Givi "reflectors" light up.

I suggest not letting trucks or anyone get that close... they'd have to be tailgating you like crazy
I hear you, but in N VA the AM commute is nothing but stop and go -

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Interesting. I don't think my givi trunk hides the brake light at all. I think they would have to be so close to you that they would be almost rubbing your back tire to not see the brake light.

If they are that close in stop and go traffic then simply stop, turn around, and curse the bastard out. When I am in crawling rush hour traffic I keep a large following distance from the vehicle in front of me. That way I don't have to brake suddenly.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I am just gonna add the givi light kit for half the cost of these.
The problem for me is that Admore light doesn't have a kit for my Givi :(

And I don't have the case with me all the time, and when I have it I take it down when I arrive home.... so for me it will be a constant work to connect, disconnect.....

I have Back Off module on my brake light, and I will connect the sides from the light with the normal brake, so I'll have the running light top and bottom, brake light on the sides, and Back Off on the brake light of the bike. I hope to be more visible like that....:)
An I'll have all this all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
A simple solution for blocked brake light. sometime when we do long tour the tail bags sometime slag down and block the brake light.

So a fast and easy solution, get one plug and play flash-not expensive and get it in position and you are done. Simple wiring, connected to the back brake wiring.

:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem for me is that Admore light doesn't have a kit for my Givi :(

And I don't have the case with me all the time, and when I have it I take it down when I arrive home.... so for me it will be a constant work to connect, disconnect.....

I have Back Off module on my brake light, and I will connect the sides from the light with the normal brake, so I'll have the running light top and bottom, brake light on the sides, and Back Off on the brake light of the bike. I hope to be more visible like that....:)
An I'll have all this all the time.
I am not sure if it makes a difference but I run a Givi brake light kit not Admore.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I sprung for the admore kit this morning for my v46 topcase. I don't really think the breaklight is hidden with the topcase, but I just do a lot of travelling with the topcase and thought it was a good safety precaution.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I have the givi top case with the admore light kit also have the admore light bar. Heres a video. Before i came out to california i relocated the admore light bar to the top of the license plate.see photos

IMG_0142 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0143 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0144 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I added a set of flex led lights right under the lens of my e450. Connect it to the break light line with a two.pin sae extension connectors. Took 20 min and cost less than $20. Everything is available at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a Pelican case on top when doing long distance trips. I added brake lights and plug directly into a plug placed permanently into the system.. Did the same for turn signals for my side cases. Cheap lights at a local auto store.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts