Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the Givi top case has a quick disconnect or are they ment to stay on the bike once mounted. I would like to be able to remove it without to much trouble when riding alone or just joy riding. Also looking for any pictures of the mounting brackets for the top case. I am not sure what size I want but something small that will still hold some clothing ect. Wife really wants a back rest when she is riding. THANKS

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a Givi topcase and mount for my old Ninja 650 (the topcase is the Givi Flow) and loved it! I never even knew the case was back there! When I traded in my Ninja, I kept the topcase and have just ordered a rack for the Versys. It's a great mounting system called the Monolock series...the topcase simply disconnects with the twist of a key and the press of a button. The "Flow" easily holds a full face helmet, summer jacket and a little rain gear. I think there are a couple of pics in the photo section of a Givi rack...they're fairly easy to install!

Jen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boiler thanks for the reply that is just what I wanted to hear I really want to be able to take the topcase off quickly. I am not sure which model the FLOW is everything I have seen listed seems to be in number 35,41, ect. do you know which one the flow is. Thanks again Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered my trunk rack from Kawasaki and it went on backorder so I cancelled it to order a Givi Rack. Guess what? It's on back order also.. :eek:

Already have a Givi Trunk waiting to be mounted. It only took a couple days to get..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help guys ended up with the E35 top bag went thru Twistedthrottle got everything in 5 days fit perfect works great. BADDONE what type of setup do you have for a taillight eliminator I am looking for one and yours looks great. How about a picture from the back. Jay

·
Registered
227 Posts
Another vote for the J.C. Whitney large trunk. It fits perfectly on the Givi rack. It looks much better after you paint the trim that faces forward. It comes from JC Whitney with orange trim. Baddone painted his flat black to match his painted engine covers , I painted mine aluminum color to match the stock pieces. It's even better that you can get it for about $50 including shipping. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
JC Whitney medium case

I just added the givi top case brackets and monokey plate. I also bought the medium jc whitney top case. I'm very disappointed because the medium doesn't work with the give plates and I'm not going to try and fabricate a plate holder to replace the well made Givi plate.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just added the givi top case brackets and monokey plate. I also bought the medium jc whitney top case. I'm very disappointed because the medium doesn't work with the give plates and I'm not going to try and fabricate a plate holder to replace the well made Givi plate.
Send the medium back and buy the large. You can still get the large one for a hair over $50 including shipping.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294434

Or, there are a couple of people that have been able to modify the Givi plate and mount the medium case.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294434&page=16

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks I did order the large one and got it for the $47.99 price. Now the large case works with the Givi Monokey bracket just fine, correct?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks I did order the large one and got it for the $47.99 price. Now the large case works with the Givi Monokey bracket just fine, correct?
Yes, that's exactly what I am using and it fits great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the large JCW also and it fit the Givi plate perfect. The trunk comes with a plate also and it also looks to be exactly like the Givi.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone get loud vibration sound fron the closed case while driving, either the Givi or the JC Whitney? I have a Givi (supposedly, possibly a fake one as is common here) on mine and it rattles like hell when driving, the rattling coming from when the top and bottom seam together when closed?!?!? I tried putting a seal inside but it doesnt work well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone get loud vibration sound fron the closed case while driving, either the Givi or the JC Whitney? I have a Givi (supposedly, possibly a fake one as is common here) on mine and it rattles like hell when driving, the rattling coming from when the top and bottom seam together when closed?!?!? I tried putting a seal inside but it doesnt work well.
No noise with mine. Are you sure its the case making the noise? Might want to check your fasteners back there or possibly the cover over the tailight. I have heard of that buzzing before, but not a case.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I have checked everything - all connections are tight - it is definitely coming from where the top and bottom case meet.

The problem is that about 80% of things down here are fakes, and since I don't know what a REAL Givi is like, I have nothing to compare to.

The only good news is that the bike is up for sale, along with the case, and I plan to get all new luggage with the new Versys!

·
Registered
72 Posts
JCW topcase

Hey guys,
When l look up the large trunk at JCW its showing the price as $84.99 on the large trunk. You guys got them for around $50.00 was that a sale at the time or is there a special promo code or somthing you have to enter to get that price. I want to get the large but I want to make sure I pay bottom dollar.:)

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Read the thread I posted a link to, it tells you how to get the large case at the cheap price. I don't remember how to do it, I just read that thread and followed the instructions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey guys,
When l look up the large trunk at JCW its showing the price as $84.99 on the large trunk. You guys got them for around $50.00 was that a sale at the time or is there a special promo code or somthing you have to enter to get that price. I want to get the large but I want to make sure I pay bottom dollar.:)

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Yeah as 08Versys said there are promo codes out there that you need to enter. You won't see the price drop until you put the codes in and almost finish check out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts