Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

Anyone got any Givi tank bags with the tanklock ?

Like the look of the T491, Givi say not compatible with the Versys due to the narrow bars.

The bag doesn't look any bigger than the Bags Connection City bag ?

Anyone tried ?!

:thumb:Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the TPH02 for my 2011 R1200R and I love it.

I know the size is different than the one you are looking at but the tank lock system is great. Easy on/off and nothing touching the tank itself. I carried my DSLR and a separate lens in mine all the way to San Francisco and it performed flawlessly and my camera is alot of weight with the lenses.

Would buy again.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi !

Yea seen those bags. I'm after something with a map pocket tho. Need to get out and try a few out i suppose !

:thumb:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi !

Like the look of the T491, Givi say not compatible with the Versys due to the narrow bars.

Anyone tried ?!

I can tell you I have the GIVI T489 on my 2011 Versys. Its a BIG BAG. I really only bought it for the times that I go on long distance trips or camping. Even with the bag pushed as far backward (towards me) as possible, it still doesn't allow the bars to fully lock left or right. I was a little disappointed.

However, at the time I got it (which wasn't long ago) they didn't have the T491, or at least wasn't isn't clearly marked as a tanklock.

In terms of the system, the tanklock system is great. Install is super super super easy. 3 screws and your done. The locking mechanism is really great - super easy to lock the bag and take it off. My bag is good, lots of pockets.

All in all I am very impressed. The reason I picked GIVI over SWM was

#1) I have lots of other GIVI gear and its been perfect (no flaws and nothing broke even after dropping it right onto some seriously big/sharp rocks).

#2) The ring on the tank doesn't seem as "odd" as the SWM. The givi ring is thinner and black to match the tank, so when the bag is off, it looks close to stock.

LMK if you have other questions. Also these are great for throwing an EZ Pass on, as they almost all have a clear pocket on top that the magnetic detector can penetrate.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi !

Anyone tried ?!

I've got the Givi T480 which does interfere somewhat with steering with it in the "back" position but quite usable for long trips. For just my daily use I use the Givi TPH02 which is awesome!!!
Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
I've got the Givi T480 which does interfere somewhat with steering with it in the "back" position but quite usable for long trips. For just my daily use I use the Givi TPH02 which is awesome!!!
Hope this helps.
FWIW - be VERY careful doing any REALLY tight turns IF your bars can touch your tank-bag. :badidea:

I went down quite suddenly on my first Alaska adventure (Bandit 1200S) turning around when the bars touched the bag unexpectedly. Luckily I wasn't hurt - just broke a turn-signal! :censored:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the look of the TPH02. I don't have an iphone tho and my phone is a bit bigger and wouldn't fit in the pocket, which would be a waste. I was wanting to use it for GPS.

Bike shop near me getting in the T491, so I'll get a look at one in a week or so !

Cheers !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts