Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with these bags? I think they are new for 2012. I think they look sharp and Seem to sit nice on the V without supports. Here's a Video of them actually on a Versys.

Expandable from 28 -35 Liters they seem like a good deal for semi rigid bags for $150.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not any info in the vid indicating if they need support bars or not? Sure doesn't look like it but would be nice to know.

thanks for bringing them up though, look nice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I really love the looks of the bags, and the price isn't too bad either. My question is can you get them in the USA? Twisted Throttle doesn't seem to carry them. And what about the rear turn signals? The video doesn't show them from the rear, so I don't know if the clear ok or not. Anybody know?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really love the looks of the bags, and the price isn't too bad either. My question is can you get them in the USA? Twisted Throttle doesn't seem to carry them. And what about the rear turn signals? The video doesn't show them from the rear, so I don't know if the clear ok or not. Anybody know?
I literally just emailed Twisted Throttle about the availability of these bags. RevZilla has the T493s in Stock and the T492 out of stock and I submitted my email for a notification when they are available again. I am definitely getting these if I can. Also my friend is fabbing some soft bag supports and said he'd be willing to make more.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do we really need supports for these? It so hard to tell. I would think that if they were needed, GIVI would be making some? What about the rear signals?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do we really need supports for these? It so hard to tell. I would think that if they were needed, GIVI would be making some? What about the rear signals?
It really is hard to tell about the lights and supports. This video is such a tease I haven't been able to find much on these bags at all.

They are indeed on Givi USA's site. So that's a good sign

http://www.giviusa.com/soft-luggages/Saddle-bags/T492

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nelson Rigg CL-950's. The Givi bags look nice, but I did a lot of researching and these bags were hands down the best for your money. Look great, 3 pt strap mounting, great fit, 30 seconds on and off once you get them set up. Dual mounting system that let's you click in Riggs tailbags. I'm in love with mine, they look great, lots of space. Highly recommended.
:thumb:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Nelson Rigg CL-950's. The Givi bags look nice, but I did a lot of researching and these bags were hands down the best for your money. Look great, 3 pt strap mounting, great fit, 30 seconds on and off once you get them set up. Dual mounting system that let's you click in Riggs tailbags. I'm in love with mine, they look great, lots of space. Highly recommended.
:thumb:
With a description like that, we need lots o photos please! :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did anyone ever try the T492 bags? I'm looking to upgrade my Cortech bags and the size of the 492's look nice..........

·
Registered
281 Posts
I actually ended up getting the Nelson Rigg SPRT-50 saddle bags. They fit the V perfectly and I got them for $75 Shipped New in Box on ebay.
From the capacity standpoint, are you happy with them? My Cortech's are fine 90% of the time however sometimes I need a little more space.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Just the size I'm looking for in a soft bag!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts