Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to search but haven't had much luck.

I'm looking to see if there are any Givi side bags that can hold a full face helmet, I know the obvious would be to get the top box/bag that can hold the helmet but I'd like to get a Versys with just the side bags.

Also, is it safe to assume that the V series are the odd shaped boxes? The boxes that tuck in the sides of the bike? I really like that profile and the fact that it maximizes the space of the bike.

Anyways, planning ahead for my soon to be purchased Versys. Thanks in advance folks!

Rob

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the V35's on mine and I can not get my XXL full face helmet in there....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Cant fit my M Scorpion 700 either.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My size medium Nolan N103 fits...just barely...in a V35.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the OEM Kawasaki bags, made by Givi, V35's. My Fulmer AF-M Modus modular full face fits in them nicely.

A side note on these bags / rack. It is very difficult to mount a top rack with the OEM rack. I would suggest that you take a hard look at the SW Motech racks from Twisted Throttle. If you really want this style of bags, then their racks give you a lot more flexibility. I love the bags and the look...just changed out the hardware.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Someone here had pictures of the Givi E36 and E45 side cases, which should hold a helmet . I haven't found them via a search, but if I do, I'll add a link to the thread. I have the V35, and my large Hornet DS doesn't fit.

Dave C

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Awesome, you guys are all rock stars, really appreciate the info, this forum is very helpful, thanks again!

Love the pics too, I'm looking at a green one right now...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 08 came used with the factory "Versys" hard cases, which people say are Givi boxes.

My size L Scorpion 700 fits, but it's very sensitive to the exact position of placement, and I think the box deflects a tiny bit (1/8" maybe) as I squeeze the case shut on my bucket.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
OEM are givi v35 with versys logo. My hjc symax II fit. However is a tight and tricky fit. Once you get the right position it closes without effort.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Oem racks are custom sw motech. They are built purpously to be incompatible with a rear top case rack. However, a givi fz447 rear rack can be installed with some effort and patience.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the Givi V 35 cases and my Scorpion EXO 700 fits just fine. It does have to be oriented a certain way to do so but it does fit. I bought the liner bags so it has all the conveinces of a top loader plus more.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Have a Shoei RF-1100 XL and it doesn't fit in my V35

Have a Givi X.01 XL and it barely fit in the case (have to pry it shut), and I suspect that they gap at someplace, which makes them less weather proof (all this even tough GIVI claims that the case can receive a full face, I had presume that at least their full face would fit ... Noooooooooooo)

LOP

·
Registered
939 Posts
Have a Shoei RF-1100 XL and it doesn't fit in my V35

Have a Givi X.01 XL and it barely fit in the case (have to pry it shut), and I suspect that they gap at someplace, which makes them less weather proof (all this even tough GIVI claims that the case can receive a full face, I had presume that at least their full face would fit ... Noooooooooooo)

LOP
I'm sure a size XS would fit just fine, so they can back up the claim. :censored:

Dave C

·
Registered
136 Posts
My medium AFX full face helmet will fit in the Givi V35's side case when I turn just a certain way.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My XL Arai Profile fits ( barely ) in my E45's. Glad I went with these for that reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Cant fit my M Scorpion 700 either.
OEM are givi v35 with versys logo. My hjc symax II fit. However is a tight and tricky fit. Once you get the right position it closes without effort.
After reading the responses here I went and tried to fit my (M) Scorpion EXO700 in my v35 side case. It does fit, if in the exact right position, but then nothing else really fits in the side case. My top case works much better.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, I'm going to go shopping this week for my Versys and will start with just the side bags, I ride with an Icon helmet size large and hope that it fits, if that doesn't work out, then I'll have to get the top bag/case for the helmet. Thanks again to everyone who posted their findings.

Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts