Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was using the original Kawa MRA screen with adjustable piece. Recently changed to GIVI screen and add a little bit of modification to the bottom part and good so far. Have not done long ride, but hopefully will get it down pretty soon
Givi Screen.

Bottom setting.

Top setting.

Bottom piece-PP material.

Did also the handle bar riser form Speedy . Good and nice on twisters.Easy work less than a few minutes.

:cheers:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think you will like the Givi, lotsa protection.. Ilike your extension, it hides that funny gap in the fairing.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you will like the Givi, lotsa protection.. Ilike your extension, it hides that funny gap in the fairing.
Thanks, was a bit concern on the gap as it will draw air like tunnel effect, so set a cover to avoid air entering that opening.

:thanx:

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve, meanwhile on your return journey if you passing by my place drop a call and can have some family time.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok steven. call me before coming for me to make forward arrangements.

Enjoy your weekend with you loved ones.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took a 60Km ride as I want to test the GIVI with the Laminar lip.

WOW. no need for ear plug with Caberg Sintersi helmet. Wind noise greatly reduced and I can for the first time hear the sound of the V and the roaring sound from uneven roads surface.

Not sure weather its the givi or givi plus laminar lip.
Very happy V rider here.:D

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are 3M Diamond reflective tape. We use them in our industry quite a bit so got some left overs and put them on the hand guard.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I remember reading the Givi screen does not work with hand guards. With the bar risors is there any interference at full lock, or are the bars set back far enough?

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. The Give does interfere with the hand guard.

Though I have set the GIVi about 3/8" back on the mounting , it does knock on full lock. The difference is about 0.5mm on full lock and knocking on the hand guard.

I can set the Handle Bar about 1mm back which will eliminate the knocking.

Still fine tuning the set up but on handling the Handle Bar raiser work wonders. The bike is easy to handle with a little height in the handle bar.

Thanks for your feedback-appreciated,

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Second part of fine tuning the V.

Re-wiring the V-DIY

removed all the wiring done at the dealer as it seems to always burn the switch.

Service the filter, TB looks good so left that part for some other time.

Did the TBC MOD 1- Bike feels better and a lot of difference in town ride.

Lift the seat front with a 1/8plate and a lot of difference and really like the new sitting position.

final wiring done with new Marine Grade Horn switch for Air Horn.

Spent the last week working on the bike an did a short run today and the bike getting better. Very happy and thanks to all forum members- I just copied some of you design.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts