Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Created my own air-flow screen for my Versys 650 (2007)
The result is great, I can ride the bike with an open helmet without any problems now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kaoko cruise control on my Versys 650

Installed a Kaoko cruise control on my Versys.
Works like a charm, especially of course on long trips.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Created my own air-flow screen for my Versys 650 (2007)
The result is great, I can ride the bike with an open helmet without any problems now.
Be CAREFUL riding w/ your helmet open. A large bug (bee...) can go thru the turbulence and into your eye.

NOT a good thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm riding motorcycles since 1979, so well aware of the risks!
Also wearing glasses, and no turbulence behind this windscreen, that's the beauty of it!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Be CAREFUL riding w/ your helmet open. A large bug (bee...) can go thru the turbulence and into your eye.

NOT a good thing.
Excellent advice. I still carry a half inch horizontal scar to the left of my nose as the result of a June Bug strike many, many years ago. The thing must have weighed two pounds and was certainly made of depleted uranium! It gives credence to the formula that states Force = Mass x Acceleration! :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
YEARS ago (maybe 55...?) I got hit by a LARGE bee at highway speed right on the piece that holds the nose-pads of sunglasses, and I was wearing an open-face helmet.

Damn near knocked me off the bike plus put bee-guts into BOTH eyes. I MIGHTA said the "eff" bomb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts