Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm finally getting around to installing my Givi engine guards and I'm trying to make sense of these somewhat cryptic instructions. I have attached a pic of a particularly puzzling step. There seems to be some kind of rubber strip that comes with the kit that Givi is calling "mousse". In the instructions it just points to a section of the crash bar with an arrow. That's all the information you get. No written instructions at all. Do any of you guys have any idea what this "mousse" stuff is supposed to be used for? I'm open to suggestions. Within reason, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. Think I figured it out. The upper part of the crash bar makes contact with the fairing. The "mousse" is just to keep the two pieces from rubbing. I'm not very bright sometimes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How does it look installed? If you shake the bars, do they flex or does it shake the whole bike?

I have the OEM accessory bars and they're so flimsy, they can bend into the fairings - and do some pretty bad damage if there's a drop!

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it look installed? If you shake the bars, do they flex or does it shake the whole bike?

I have the OEM accessory bars and they're so flimsy, they can bend into the fairings - and do some pretty bad damage if there's a drop!
Firstshadow, I think they look pretty good. They are also very sturdy. You can pull on them all you want and they don't budge. The biggest problem I have is the aforementioned "mousse". It really seems like an afterthought. I'm betting they they started making these things and then figured out that there is a rubbing problem so they threw a piece of self-adhesive padding into the kit instead of fixing the problem. All they would have need to do is put about a 1/4" kink in the bar and it wouldn't touch at all. Anyway, I like them and I posted a few pics so you can see what they look like on the bike.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts