Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I purchased a 2011 Versys in June.I had ordered a Givi engine guard when it arrive it had 2010 written in it.I went to install it and it doesn't fit. Have they changed it ? Do they make a 2011 engine guard? Has any one had this issue? Do I need to exchange it? Can some help me out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Do a search. I recall reading that Twisted Throttle stopped carrying it because there were fitment issues and GIVI was supposed to be redesigning. Where did you buy it from? I saw the competition accessories carried it but have been hesitant because of QC issues with paint being rubbed off and fitment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are fitment issues.I bought it from Headingley Sports Shop in Manitoba.Waited I.5 months for it to arrive. I see where the guard can be attached to the frame but the threaded bar on the bottom came with only one nut and my question is how do you connect the other side?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I-Can-Get-You-A-Toe

Thanks for your photos ! I see how the it clamps around the tube and bolts under the front piece.I do not know about the long threaded bar.Does it attach through the engine mounts on the bottom of the bike.If so could you send me close up photos if you have them? This is the part that I don't get. I see one long thread bar and one nylock nut.How do you connect the other side once it is on the other side? Am I just replaciing the existing bar and using that nut? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I contacted GIVI USA and they said they have not heard of any fitment issues. They do recommend they get installed by a mechanic because they are not considered an easy install.

I contacted Twistedthrottle.com to see if they were going to carry the GIVI engine guards and they said no but have the SWMotech.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When I contacted Givi USA they advised me that it would not fit on a 2011 California model of the Versys. No current plans to make another version of the guards. The other manufacturers of crash bars also said that the charcoal canister on the California models present an installation problem.:huh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
YES
There is a shorter version of the bar under the engine. I unbolted it and used the one supplied by GIVI to push the original one out.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks,for the photos they were very helpful.I am a visual learner and I now see what needs to be done.Givi is not very detailed with their installation instructions.I am installing mine tomorrow with foot pegs,so I can stretch out from time to time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Everyone ! I got a buddy to give me a hand today to install the Givi Engine Guard,it went easier than I thought.I also installed a pair of foot pegs in order to stretch out every once and while. Once again thank you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got my Givi crash bars today. I installed crash bars before but these stumped me. I too thought they wouldn't fit. The directions are really bad. The pictures are all I needed for the install. They look great,thanks..:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts