Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my GIVI mounts! I got my Pyramid hugger too. In case any one was wondering what they look like...Here they are...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Hooligan,

How is that hugger working out?:thumb::thumbdown: Style wise, it is my favorite!:D But I have heard that it is hard to install and doesn't line up quite right. I'm on the verge of ordering, especially after seeing your pics!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Hooligan,

How is that hugger working out?:thumb::thumbdown: Style wise, it is my favorite!:D But I have heard that it is hard to install and doesn't line up quite right. I'm on the verge of ordering, especially after seeing your pics!
It took about 10 minutes to install and lined up fine so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
:thumb:Yes I like it. What mount is that? I was led to believe that the top box would not work with the side bags. Is this a different mount that Kawasaki won't tell us about because we stupid humans will hurt ourselves with. If it is a Givi mount, Do you have the part number? Thanks for your help, and for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! It is all GIVI. It's the V46 monokey top case and the V35 PLX side cases. The top case mount is number FZ447. The side case mounts are number PLX447. There is a stop light kit I plan to order. I also bought a 3 lock kit and installed it so all 3 bags use the same key.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like we gotta get this one (uvwx504) off the message board. Anyone know how to notify the administrators of inappropriate posts?
Done.

See the little red triangle with the exclamation point in it - it's in the upper right hand corner of each post.

If you ever come across spam posts like the one in the thread, just click that, and it will allow you to notify the adminstrator that there is evil among us. ;) :p :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the look of the V35 bags and all, but I didnt feel like waiting for them when I needed some luggage so I bought the Cortech Soft Saddlebags and went with the Givi FZ447 trunk mount and a E370 top case. I figured this was I can always go back and add the side racks later!! I also added some custom LED lights in the side reflectors on the E370 and linked them to the Givi brake light kit for the case so now I have a HUGE stop light for the idiots behind me to see.
Warning to all thinking of the Givi top case or the Kawi one...it really blocks the view of your tail light so adding other lighting is critical!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow Graham, it looks like you have enough room to travel just about anywhere or take a women out overnight!

That's quite a setup, is it much wider with the side cases? I'd like to keep mine as narrow as possible because I've been known to 'pretend' I'm in California if I encounter a traffic jam and lane-split my way out of there.

I have the exact same White Scorpion Apollo helmet (and still don't it's as comfy as my Arai).

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Wow Graham, it looks like you have enough room to travel just about anywhere or take a women out overnight!

That's quite a setup, is it much wider with the side cases? I'd like to keep mine as narrow as possible because I've been known to 'pretend' I'm in California if I encounter a traffic jam and lane-split my way out of there.

I have the exact same White Scorpion Apollo helmet (and still don't it's as comfy as my Arai).

Now THAT is funny!!!! :D:D:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

:D

It makes her wider for sure.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tim,

Thanks for getting rid of the foul fingered (as opposed to foul mouthed) fellow. The triangle icon is a great thing to have. Good work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GIVI Rack

Hooligan, Who did you order the GIVI Tail Trunk Rack from and were you happy with their service and time frame to deliver?
Thanks
Boltos

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I am trying to install my Givi brake light now, but I can't figure out which wires to connect it to. I tried Red/Blue and Black/Yellow, but that gave me 12 V all the time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Scorpion Helmet

Hooligan,

How do you like the Scorpion helmet? Does the built in shades really work as good as a pair of sunglasses?

HB9400

1 - 20 of 23 Posts