Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a bit of a loose end today, was a beautiful warm day in middle earth so decided to take my wife's Suzuki for a run so it would not gather to much dust.
First stop was my local bike shop in Timaru

Then went for a short ride south of timaru (if had ridden much further would of crossed the 45th parallel south) next shot looking north to my home city of Timaru.

The next three pic's are the place we used to live during my early teenage years and where i used to ride my DR 500 around. The last pic of that three shows a small aircraft hanger, the owner used to own a real tiger moth airplane, Craigmore farm is about 3800 acres and when i lived there 25 years ago there were 10,000 sheep and a 1000 head of charolais cattle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charolais_cattle

Then back tracked a short way and rode over the pareora gorge headed for cave which is a small township on the main road to Tekapo and is only 20 km from my house and this would mean i have just done a big loop to get back home.

The bottom line is the cruiser is okay to ride but she can keep it for riding those twisty gorge roads but if i was on the v would not of stop on those gorge roads:devil:
Hope ya enjoy the pic's guys:cheers:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
The bottom line is the cruiser is okay to ride... if i was on the v would not of stop on those gorge roads:devil: :cheers:
I could not agree more. I do not miss my C50 at all. I ride my wifes V-Star 650 once in a while and it really makes me appreciate the V. Her 650 seems heavy and slow, almost like riding a tractor.

BTW, looks like you had a nice ride. Thanks for sharing the pix!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could not agree more. I do not miss my C50 at all. I ride my wifes V-Star 650 once in a while and it really makes me appreciate the V. Her 650 seems heavy and slow, almost like riding a tractor.

BTW, looks like you had a nice ride. Thanks for sharing the pix!
You know exactly what I mean capt, I call her C50 a truck and compared to the v it handles like one. A couple of times on those corners over cooked slightly and it was a fight to bring it around as the nimbleness of the v, well i preaching to the converted on that one.

Some Kiwi cruiser riders will disagree with me but this part of the world is not really designed for cruiser riding and IMHO bikes like weestroms, versys and the smaller bmw GS's are the best bikes for touring our roads.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Love the PICS! I have a Honda 1300 VTX Cruiser - I love riding it on the interstate and when the temperature dips below 60 (it has a full fairing). It is also great for 2-up riding. But when it comes to hitting the curvy roads, the Versys is a great machine!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Beautiful pics!

Very nice Kiwi. For a small island, you sure get around.:thumb:
South island of NZ is almost exactly the same area as Florida. (NZ = 58,300 square miles vs. FL = 58,560 square miles).
(I was curious, so I looked it up...)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Top notch again Kiwi...the cruiser "looks good". Versys also do good on your roads, good you blew the dust off the wifes cruiser....hope you didn't dirty your pants in the process!?:stickpoke::cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beautiful pics!

South island of NZ is almost exactly the same area as Florida. (NZ = 58,300 square miles vs. FL = 58,560 square miles).
(I was curious, so I looked it up...)
Beautiful pictures !

The only thing different from Florida and NZ is about 3,000 feet. :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You live in a beautiful area.

I ride my dads Honda Shadow every once in a while. If it was all I had ever ridden, I would love it. But having had 2 Ninjas, and the V I can say the Shadow handles like crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts