Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from some errands and saw this........

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I realize she is absolutely stupid for texting and driving..but she may actually have a nice personality and is not necessarily a bitch...who knows (looks around..any women in here?) she may "blow nice" (a tip of the hat to mike cyr)...
90 mph..what state has 90 mph speed limits? gotta love the car pool lane if you have a motorcycle..otherwise you gotta bring some bitch along with you in the cage...that's if you got one...:yeahsmile:

:cheers:

·
Registered
873 Posts
could have been worse, she could have been putting on some make up at the same time....

That FJ looks like it rides really smooth too. How is it holding up?

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could have been worse, she could have been putting on some make up at the same time....

That FJ looks like it rides really smooth too. How is it holding up?
The bike is great as far as performance and handling. Only lacking in the comfort area for me. If it were a tad taller and the sitting position more upright it would be perfect. You can cruise all day over triple digits and it just keeps going.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
How fast were you going, and what was the speed limit?

One down, so many more to preach at... She did comply and seemed ashamed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It's been a few years but I can still remember the irony.
I was driving through Harrisburg PA on I-81 at hush hour. The traffic was heavy but moving at full speed.
I was in the middle lane just keeping up with traffic and a youngish girl passed me in the left lane. She was changing lanes back and forth, braking and speeding up, trying to cut through traffic. She was using the visor mirror and one hand to put on makeup, she was using the other hand to hold a cell phone to her ear, I'm assuming she was steering with her knees or feet or something. She had a "caution, Baby on board" sign in her rear window, and sure enough, she actually did have a baby on board strapped in a seat.
It was really ironic to me that she expects everyone driving around her to be cautious to save her baby but she couldn't seem to do that herself.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How fast were you going

Faster than her..:D Thats the thing with the FJR it feels like your doing 60-70 but your really doing 90-100...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
thats were i trip them out and pull out my phone and pretend to text next to them.... because its perfectly alright to text in a 2 ton vehicle but not on a motorcycle :)

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
I stopped at a traffic light in Kelowna, where I live in the 'warmer' months, behind a car which had a rear light OUT. As I knew I had a minute or so before it changed, I put my V onto its stand and walked up to knock on her window to inform her.

She was texting, and when I knocked I'm pretty sure she though I was an LEO and just about crapped herself....

Rather funny in retrospect.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
What's your speedometer error on that Yamaha FJR? Indicated 90 mph looks more like 75 mph max... Nobody's going 90 mph.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's your speedometer error on that Yamaha FJR? Indicated 90 mph looks more like 75 mph max... Nobody's going 90 mph.

The Speedo is just a tad off of the GPS.......90 is normal out here...

70 is at 9 O'Clock on the Speedo...
Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Just a tad, eh? Yamaha typically has more than average speedo reading exaggeration, especially with their snowmobiles... I figured it's be worse than the stock Versys' 7 or 8% over.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a tad, eh? Yamaha typically has more than average speedo reading exaggeration, especially with their snowmobiles... I figured it's be worse than the stock Versys' 7 or 8% over.
Won't be on the bike till sunday. I'll get you an accurate reading then..

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Just got back in and the speedo shows 2mph over the gps checked at 60mph and 70mph

1 - 20 of 31 Posts