Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Decided to install a rear hugger. Got tired of all the crap the wheel deposits on the shock, engine, and bottom of seat.

Researched just about all that are available, which are not many.

Went with the Givi. It's well built and has a 3 point mounting system for a solid install that looks like a factory piece.

Plus it's the least expensive of the bunch. Got it from Revzilla for $116 minus $5 Revzilla cash from a previous purchase for a grand total of $111 delivered to my door. Free shipping and no sales tax. Got it in 2 days out of their Salt Lake warehouse.

Some guys on the forum complained about a small gap behind the engine where the hugger meets the swing arm. It's a pretty small gap and I think I may use some black silicone there to plug the gap.

The install was real easy except for one bolt. It's the one that holds the rear brake caliper hydraulic line bracket to the inside of the swing arm. I had to use my Dremel to remove a little plastic off the hugger mounting tab for proper fit. Then it was just a matter of lining up the bolt and getting it started back in the swing arm. I poked, pried, grunted, and cursed a few times before I got it to grab the threads. Once this was done the rest was a walk in the park.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good looking hugger too. Well done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts