Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to modulate/ flash my city lights as a means to increase my visibility from the front. I would like to replace the existing filament bulbs with LEDs, but I am electronically challenged.

The bike is a 2008 650. The plan was to purchase 2 replacement LED bulbs and an LED flasher. Looking at the manual wiring diagram, it appears that if I wire in the flasher to the city lights, lights other than the city lights will also flash. Is there a simple way to get just the city lights to flash?

Thanks
Randy

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
I would like to modulate/ flash my city lights as a means to increase my visibility from the front. I would like to replace the existing filament bulbs with LEDs, but I am electronically challenged.

The bike is a 2008 650. The plan was to purchase 2 replacement LED bulbs and an LED flasher. Looking at the manual wiring diagram, it appears that if I wire in the flasher to the city lights, lights other than the city lights will also flash. Is there a simple way to get just the city lights to flash?

Thanks
Randy
I am going to say that will be a lot of work and I doubt much effect. Go to post 57, I have the relay and the philips LED city light parts there. You will need to break the city light circuit, power the flasher in series with the city lights and provide a ground for the flasher. Relay wiring is shown in that thread. I also have photos of my bike and the lighting. I would install the philips LED but rather than screw around I would go the way of this thread
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/90-versys-x-300-general-discussion/218119-inexpensive-daytime-running-lights.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/119770-led-city-lights-led-signal-conversion.html

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As always, thanks Onewizard. I was afraid that there wasn't going to be an easy solution.

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts