Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm like a little kid at Christmas. I'm going to get my Versys tomorrow. I've been debating on various models since May. I didn't want to get a motorcycle until I finished my BRC (2 weeks ago). Since then, I was back and forth between a Versys, A 650 VStrom or a KLR 650. I really wanted a Versys, though to use as a daily commuter. Well, they are getting hard to find here in Central Georgia. I've been checking around dealers and either they didn't have any available or the price was way out of league ($8500+). I had one more dealer that I hadn't checked with. You all probably know what's coming:D. That's the dealer I'm buying my Versys from. The dealer didn't have one in stock, but the salesman had one that he had been driving some. It's got 1400mi and all of the maintenance has been done by the dealer with documentation. They have it as a demo model. I started negotiating about price. I finally got an OTD price of $6700. I've seen the bike and it's showroom condition. No scratches, everything is A-1 condition. I couldn't pass up this deal. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I already have insurance for it. I went with Progressive which my local insurance agent uses for motorcycle insurance. I don't think I did too bad at $600 per year for full coverage, $500 deductable and not just the minimum coverage limits. This was about the same as State Farm and in line with Progressive online. Now I know what I'm going to do this weekend:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good luck getting any sleep tonight!

Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
awesome! im getting mine next Saturday and got lucky since the dealer here was trying to get rid of the so mine went for $6600 fresh out of the crate

·
Registered
754 Posts
$6600? Dayum dude, thats a great deal! I paid $7200 for mine including junk fees. Youll love this bike. Just beware of the seat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, please elaborate about the seat!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have 5000 miles, the seat is fine, done 440 miles in one day. It slants slighty forward and is great for acceleration, but tends to shove you forward when stopping. Some have raised the front of the seat mount(me included).

There are lots of after market stuff to farkle with, just enjoy the bike, you can do add ons later!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I traded a stock seat for a low seat for the wife. The guy threw in an AirHawk seat cushon w/the deal. It actually helps a lot. Quite comfy. Especially when it's free!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm fine with my seat too. I take my first long trip in two weeks; however, I had no complaints after 3 hours in the saddle.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. You're gonna have to post up impressions of the bike after you've been riding it for a while. I'm sure you'll love it though :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
The seat works for some and not for others. Just ride it and then you can determine if it works for you.
Welcome to the V owners nut ward!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's Home!!!!

I got my Versys home this afternoon. I absolutely love this bike. :D. I rode around the yard a little and got used to the feel and handling first. Then, I took it for a short spin on the dirt road by my home. So far, it handles the dirt road well, better than I expected. I kept the speed down to around 15 mph and no problems. Later, after it cools off below 95 deg, I'm going to hit the road and take it out on some secondary roads. So far, the bike handles even better than I expected. Having never rode anything other than dirt bikes and a 250 street bike, it's not bad at all!! More to follow later. I'll try to get some pix, but they load awful slow on dial up:(.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations BR6PPC :thumb: Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well one more week for me!!! been planning and saving for it for about 6 months now... so im like a kid before christmas lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.