Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having had a GoPro and hated it.I've been using 2 Drift Stealth HD170's for about a year now and another one 6 months prior. So 3 Drifts in total. Have had no issues with the Drifts and they are really user friendly. Have been looking at the Drift Ghost for awhile so ordered one and it should be here in the next couple of days. Once i get it i'll post my thoughts on it.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feels like Christmas..Mail Lady was nice to me today.:yeahsmile:

IMG_2197 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What did you not like about the go pro?

Its not as user friendly. Mounting the Drift is easier with more options and it has a rotating lens. With the drift i'm able to hook up a charger cord to the camera while using it so no need to worry about extra batteries on long trips. :goodidea:

Most people that have GoPro really like them. They are just not best suited for my needs

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just went out for a burrito run and wanted to play with the camera. I really like the Drift Stealth Cameras i have but this new Ghost is so much better. The remote control works great.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Playing with the camera. Mounted on helmet at 127 degree field of view. Camera angle alittle low at 170 degree it would be right

·
Registered
612 Posts
Its not as user friendly. Mounting the Drift is easier with more options and it has a rotating lens. With the drift i'm able to hook up a charger cord to the camera while using it so no need to worry about extra batteries on long trips. :goodidea:

Most people that have GoPro really like them. They are just not best suited for my needs
Did you have the GoPro Hero or Hero2 or 3. I have the Hero which my daughter found and I use it on the bike with the charger cord plugged in no problem. Curious if there was a difference on the later ones. :dgi:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had it 2 years ago when i was in Puerto Rico. They were coming out with a different case that would allow you to hook cables up to it. But having had both i'm just not a GoPro fan.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little long but informative...

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I got the hero 3 and you can buy the case to hook up cables but i am getting a battery which has twice the life of the stock one and i use the usb wall charger that i have for my nolan bluetooth helmet as i found battery life was the weakness of the camera.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the hero 3 and you can buy the case to hook up cables but i am getting a battery which has twice the life of the stock one and i use the usb wall charger that i have for my nolan bluetooth helmet as i found battery life was the weakness of the camera.
Thats the thing with GoPro you have to always buy something else to make it what you want. What i like about the drift is you don't have to buy anything else if you don't want to. It comes with 2 back plates 1 thats waterproof another that has a usb port and a mic port. If you want to use a charger while riding and don't want to buy a Cigarette style charging cord. You can just use the included usb cable if you have a 12V power source thats for usb just plug it in. If you have a 12V Cigarette style then you can pick up an adapter. For mounts i use the RAM camera plate with a one inch ball and just connect to any Ram mount i have.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not to be mean but -- man is that video choppy! Is anyone else noticing that? I watch in 1080P and 720P and the drift just looks like it isn't smooth :-/

I have been looking at cameras also - Anyone have experience with the Contour 2? I hear its excellent for the price and super easy to use compared to others (simple on and off)

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Not to be mean but -- man is that video choppy! Is anyone else noticing that? I watch in 1080P and 720P and the drift just looks like it isn't smooth :-/

I have been looking at cameras also - Anyone have experience with the Contour 2? I hear its excellent for the price and super easy to use compared to others (simple on and off)

That video was just raw footage. This video i'm putting up has gone through the media browser on my computer which clears alot up. I can do a stabilization on it but it would take another 4 hours to process this video and i'm not trying for theater quality. If you watch the video below if your not going to large or full screen just watch at 360p for larger screens 720 or 1080.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Bit of a novice on vids but when i having been uploading ride vids to my youtube account it recomends me to have them fix the shake, is this the right thing to do or is it better to you some flash programe to edit any shake out before you post?

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bit of a novice on vids but when i having been uploading ride vids to my youtube account it recomends me to have them fix the shake, is this the right thing to do or is it better to you some flash programe to edit any shake out before you post?

I never let YouTube fix the shakes i did once and the video looked worse. I re-uploaded it without the fix and it looked great.It actually ask me if i wanted them to take the shake out of this video. I'm not sure what software you have i just use IMovie on my Mac and share it to media browser then i go to YouTube to upload it. I've got Final Cut Pro software but i have no clue how to use it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just got the contour roam 2 -- I plan to do some tests on it this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
My vids are mp4 and when i put them in a folder and want to edit i right click on vid file and select open with windows live movie maker, that is where i have added music and cut some vids down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts