Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today just sold my trusty 2011 Ninja 1000 with 32,000km on clock and have got one of the first shipment 2016 Ninja 1000 in my favourite colour green.

Only 4 of them on first shipment into NZ and my name is on one, understand ship is just about to unload but will not get it for about 3 to 4 weeks due to customs, paper work and time it ships down to my local dealer.

The 2016 has a lot of extra from my 2011, traction control, power settings, better brakes, slipper clutch, panniers which when removed have no ugly rack system as they just click into place on bike.

No Video

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Today just sold my trusty 2011 Ninja 1000 with 32,000km on clock and have got one of the first shipment 2016 Ninja 1000 in my favourite colour green.

Kiwi,

I was seriously considering buying a Ninja 1000 last year. I read through many posts on a couple of their "forums", and a common concern (or complaint?) among several owners was the vague feel of the front end during cornering. Have you notice that at all?

After reading that in a few places, I stopped looking at Ninja 1000.

Trialsguy

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kiwi,

I was seriously considering buying a Ninja 1000 last year. I read through many posts on a couple of their "forums", and a common concern (or complaint?) among several owners was the vague feel of the front end during cornering. Have you notice that at all?

After reading that in a few places, I stopped looking at Ninja 1000.

Trialsguy
After 32,000km can't say I have but don't push the Ninja as hard in corners as I push the versys. Maybe the ones that say it vague in cornering are coming from full on sports bikes.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
After 32,000km can't say I have but don't push the Ninja as hard in corners as I push the versys. Maybe the ones that say it vague in cornering are coming from full on sports bikes.
Good point. I suppose I should find a used one and take it for a test ride to find out first hand. In my case, I'd be coming off a Versys 650, not a sportbike.

My V corners fine, as long as I have my chin out over the inside mirror while cornering.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New bike at dealers, the beast is in the cage ready to get out, have not seen it yet as only got a photo sent to me from the dealer. Will pick up after i finish night shift tonight as now got 12 days off to play.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The 2016 has a lot of extra from my 2011, traction control, power settings, better brakes, slipper clutch, panniers which when removed have no ugly rack system as they just click into place on bike.
So ... it's almost caught up to the 2015 V1K >:)

It's just missing a centrestand.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
New bike at dealers, the beast is in the cage ready to get out, have not seen it yet as only got a photo sent to me from the dealer. Will pick up after i finish night shift tonight as now got 12 days off to play.

Be careful on the 'Widow Maker'!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts