Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Unfortunately neither Renthal nor Pro Taper are available where I live so I started looking for them in Germany from where I can have them brought along by somebody. Is there an online shop where you can get Pro Taper ATV Hi or similar in Germany? (US to Germany costs about $50 extra).

Another option if anybody could help me with is to get one from this online store I found that lists dimensions.

http://www.roughtrack.de/epages/17178502.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17178502/Products/"SH- Standard Lenker"/SubProducts/"sh- standard lenker-0009"

Can anybody tell which of these is a similar handlebar to the ATV handlebars people on this forum seem to put on their bikes? (It just occured to me that I can ask the roughtrack guys this, which I will. I will also find the specs for the Pro Taper and try to match it myself.) Edit: As far as I can tell none on that page are wide or high enough.

Or maybe there's a German (or other European) brand I am not familiar with?

Also pegs. Not as important but I hate how slippery the stock pegs get when wet. What's a matching peg I can look at?

All the best.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
I put Ebay footpegs for a Suzuki DR650 onto my '08, and OEM DR650 'pegs onto my '09. The Ebay ones are wider, and BETTER!

Rather than enlarge the hole in the DR 'pegs, I just used SAE 3/8 bolts and locknuts. So far that has worked FINE for in excess of 50,000 miles TOTAL (among the two Vs and a KLR)!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
The ATV bend is about right. I have the ATV low on and it works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts