Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great video, but what do they do now that the Phaeton is gone? A8 maybe?
Too bad they didn't have that system to build the "Tiger"!

·
Banned
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video.
Too bad they didn't have that system to build the "Tiger"!
Similar technology in England, but instead of robots they use *Brummies!!!!

*a local of Birmingham,UK.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=video+of+triumph+motorcycle+factory+uk&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=E8B2667136242BDC057CE8B2667136242BDC057C

And here's a condensed history of Triumph motorcycles.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=The+History+Of+Triumph+Motorcycles&Form=VQFRVP#view=detail&mid=B9BD1391DBB345BCC8F9B9BD1391DBB345BCC8F9

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Ya. But if starts in the rain and doesn't leak oil is it really a Triumph?
No, it isn't a Triumph. In the grand British tradition, if it won't start in the rain and it does leak oil it's a Norton! But that's less than truthful. My venerable 850 Norton Interstate did start in the rain and it didn't leak oil - mostly. But then, Lucas electrics meant I rarely had to worry about those two events in the first place. :eek::D

In defense of British craftsmanship, I will say that during a trip from southern Germany, through Belgium, across the Channel, then through southern England, Wales, and eventually to the Isle of Man - and return - the Norton was the only one of three bikes that never skipped a beat. The other two were a Gold Wing and a BMW, and both had mechanical problems at least once during the three week trip. Take that Germany and Japan!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Triumph is building their bikes in Thailand.

There is a lot we can learn from the German's. They have one of the best publicly funded post secondary education systems in the world and unemployment is very low while the standard of living is very high. Not the best place to study Sociology or Lesbian Feminist Poetry of the Twentieth Century but if you want to learn how to service industrial robots or CAD/CAM machining, training is free and synchronized with workforce demand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts